Search results

1. P

How to fix rear brakes dragging? Already adjusted Parking brake cable

Did you adjust the hand brake by applying the brake and pulling up the handle 3 times before you adjusted the cable? They are supposed to be self adjusting and you might have the cable out of adjustment causing the pistion to be out too far and the caliper to drag. When you jack up the left...
  2. P

New to me JSW wheel question

8.5 will be fine. Neuspeed makes some nice wheels, I have a set for my snow tires. Here's my car with 18x8.5 +45 prior to lowering springs.
  3. IMG_5738.jpg

IMG_5738.jpg

4. P

Upgraded my bulbs on my OSRAM LEDriving XENARC headlights

These were the ones I purchased. https://deautokey.com/product/d3s-leds-new-denx-gen-d3s-leds-that-compare-to-d3s-xenon
  5. P

Yes. They are literally plug and play. Not much to it. I swapped over the plastic tabs that hold the bulbs into the housings and plugged in the bulbs in lol
  6. P

DeAuto LED makes an LED D3S which just so happened to show up at my house yesterday. I was able to install them this morning and they are night and day difference in the daylight. Eager to see how they perform at night.
  7. IMG_5066 copy.jpg

IMG_5066 copy.jpg

8. P

DPF Delete Shops in Central IL? (Pekin/Peoria/Bloomington)

Really not hard to do yourself, especially if you cut the pipe off the DPF (if you're not going to reuse).
  9. P

Oil Temperature at 32F

I didn't think oil temp was supported on these cars with the Polar. Mine has never read oil temp correctly.
  10. P

WTB MK6 JSW cargo cover

Shoot me an offer
  11. P

WTB MK6 JSW cargo cover

I’m in the 847 and have one
  12. P

Brake line flush/bleed: location of the clutch bleeder on a '12 JSW

+1 for getting yourself a pressure bleeder, you'll thank yourself later lol
  13. P

LED Tailights for MK6 golf/jetta Sportwagen

I know, it sucks. The tails on the wagens leave a lot to be desired. TBH, I don't really care for the euro tails I posted from eBay either. I'd be willing to pay some decent money for a nice LED tail light housing for my wagen.
  14. P

LED Tailights for MK6 golf/jetta Sportwagen

These are about the only thing available out there...
  15. P

clutch pedal on floor - perplexing lack of leaks, fluid loss, or other obvious symptoms - ??

FWIW mine had no signs of leaks when the slave went out. It was all inside the bellhousing and never made it out.
  16. P

clutch pedal on floor - perplexing lack of leaks, fluid loss, or other obvious symptoms - ??

Had that happen last year and ended up replacing the slave cylinder. I did try bleeding the clutch and that lasted about a week or so. The slave is very common on these vehicles.