Search results

1. G

2012+ Door Latches

Is anyone else having this issue? I recently had 2 door latches fail (passenger front and driver rear). These are the second and third ones to fail since I got the car in 3/'13. The first was replaced under warranty. I have contacted VW about this and they said I am SOL. I am sorry but this is a...
  2. G

LED Running Lights, $28.00 Pr at NAPA

I had the same bulbs for about a year...then they failed. They literally fell apart.
  3. G

100,000 mile club

Got car in March of 2012 and will turn 100k this week. All service work done at dealer. Turbo failed at 72k...VW replaced. Most recent issue was passenger front and driver rear door latches have failed. $400/ea. Had one fail under warranty also. 3 of 4 door latches failing seems to be an...
  4. G

PSA: beware of lower MPG during winter months

Add some snow tires to the mix and you may see a 5-7mpg drop.
  5. G

TURBO: Please report NMS turbo failures here. [not a discussion thread!]

It was a turbo failure. The repair is being covered by the manufacturer of the original part.
  6. G

TURBO: Please report NMS turbo failures here. [not a discussion thread!]

Failure in NH 04/08/14 Year: 2012 Model: Passat TDI SE Miles: 75K Maintenance: religiously Last Maintenance: March 2014 Situation: I drive 120mi each day round trip to work. Yesterday's morning commute was fine, just rainy. The car started fine for the evening commute. I drove about .2mi...
  7. G

Headlight Upgrade

HI All, Thanks in advance for the advice. Vehicle: 2012 VW Passat TDI SE Mileage: 50K MPG: Avg 45 State: NH Issue: The stock headlamps SUCK. They are just not bright enough. I have tried swapping bulbs and they are still not acceptable. I am thinking of going HID. Pros? Cons? Recommendation?