Search results

1. D

Advice on Major Failure in 2012 Passat TDI

It is good news that they are replacing the engine for me. Best news is that I just got a cal from the dealer and it may be ready by friday. I have to send out a huge plug for Karen Radley VW near Wash DC. They have been really great to deal with. They let me take the loaner car back to NY with...
  2. D

Glow plug light started blinking, drove maybe 1/4 mile to get off road, that's when the white smoke started.
  3. D

Gonna find out what warranty is tommorow
  4. D

Just got a call from the dealer - needs a new engine ( stated long block)
  5. D

TURBO: Please report NMS turbo failures here. [not a discussion thread!]

Miles on car at failure: 31k Build date: ? Corrective actions from dealership: new turbo, particulate filter, now needs major engine work - update - engine replaced (long block) on 6/17/14 Outside air temps at failure: 80 Failure warning signs, if any: check engine light came on 4 weeks earlier...
  6. D

Hello, While on vacation this past week, my car went through the same symptoms that others have indicated when there turbo's blew. Car went into limp mode, loud whistling noise, then large cloud of white smoke like an old steam train. Car was towed to nearest dealership, just outside of DC...