Search results

1. C

EPA fix & DPF ?

I'm just worried if the DPF goes at 220k what would the cost be?
  2. C

EPA fix & DPF ?

I'm leaning towards keeping my Passat with 135k on it because it's been a great car but by keeping it and doing the EPA fix I'm wondering how long the DPF will last and what the cost will be after EPA fix.. I usually keep my tdi's for 300k+ but the DPF is concerning.. What's the cost going to be...
  3. C

UNOFFICIAL Adblue Heater Element Failure Thread

My light just came on this morning with 124,500 on it.. Figures just out of warranty.. Between this and timing belt in few months I might have do the buy out.. I wanted to keep it.. Bummed this car been great..
  4. C

2012 Passat Wiper Blades

Just an update I got about a year out of the onyx beam blades. For me these worked great and are just starting to slightly streak now so I just had them put on. These aren't the easiest to put on only because you need to take the stock plastic insert that is installed on the onyx blade and...
  5. C

Heating System

Changed the in cab filter at it appears to have helped a bunch.
  6. C

Heating System

I didn't have this issue late winter but I am due for a pollen filter change so after I do that maybe I'll get lucky. It was 29 degrees when I left work tonight and as soon as I started the car the windshield was completely fogged with in 10 seconds of starting the engine. Really odd. I have...
  7. C

Heating System

The issue is not to get heat. It's strictly trying to get rid of fog on the inside of the window.. The first thing I tried was full heat on max set to defrost.. That's only way to clear it up is full heat with the windows cracked.. Just full heat will not get rid of it completely. I have a 80...
  8. C

Heating System

No matter what I do it takes 40 minutes to get the windows fog free.. This morning 36 degrees and tried AC on for 10 min, straight defrost on high for 10 min, auto set to 68 and then 72 it does matter.. I don't remember this issue last year.. Only thing that's works is defrost on with windows...
  9. C

Cracked Seat already..: (

I just noticed I have a crack about 3" long on my drivers seat after 75,000 miles.. I thought this material was really durable.. Its in a weird place. On the drivers side door side that supports your left hip while sitting.. Bummer..
  10. C

Brake Job

Wow good to know. Thanks.
  11. C

Brake Job

That's new to me too. In all of the cars and trucks I have owned the rears usually go 3x longer then fronts.. I just figured I will be hitting 70,000 soon
  12. C

Brake Job

Anyone do their front brake yet? Where and what should I buy? OEM aftermarket? Thanks Guys!;)
  13. C

FYI Rain-X Wiper Fluid Warning

Well I removed it and not the light is permanently on.. The dealer that told me about VW knowing about this issue also said this sensor is on hold because of this issue. I called another dealership and they said the same thing about the sensor. Does anyone know if it's easy to pull out this sensor?
  14. C

I just posted this to let people know that it can cause an issue and VW is working on it.. The OEM stuff works OK in warm weather but if you apply Rain - x correctly it works great. Once you apply it u need to buff the hell out of it with a dry cloth or paper towels. You will not use your...
  15. C

I decided to refill my windshield wiper fluid with Rainx.. I have used this on every vehicle and love this stuff.. Anyway my warning light came on about a week later even though my reservoir is full.. Called the dealer and this is a issue that VW knows about. Something in the Rainx is killing...
  16. C

Rain Guards?

Anyone running these in there Passat? I have not installed mine yet. They seem to put alot of pressure on the window when they are closed. I have driven with them with the adhesive and I don't think the noise is much different then with out. I just curious is anyone else has experienced how much...
  17. C

2012 Passat Wiper Blades

Sorry. Yes they fit but had the guy at Advanced Auto do it. I told him that there aren't any option really for 2012 passats. He said to try these and they fit. The wipers come with the plastic adapters so they snap right into the square hole on the wiper arm. I have a 53 mile commute to work...
  18. C

2012 Passat Wiper Blades

Anyone yet the try onyx beam blades yet? I just put them on but haven't tried them in the rain yet. They went on easy.
  19. C

weathertech rain guard noisey?

So you would recommend them? I have them on my Truck and they are great. Do you here any noise with the windows up?
  20. C

weathertech rain guard noisey?

Anyone have weathertech train guards on there 2012 or 13? I've had them on my last two trucks and love them but I thought I read somewhere that they are noisy on the new passat's...