Search results

1. S

ALH 1.9L tdi swap to ford ranger

I'm thinking about doing a tdi swap from my 2003 ALH 1.9L 2003 tdi into a 2000 ford ranger 40 ENG and M50D transmission. Has anyone done that swap? Any tips on good kits, or things to watch out for?
  2. S

ALH TDI 1.9L Manual 5 Speed swap 2000 Tacoma Automatic Trany

I'm thinking about trying to swap an ALH TDI 1.9L motor from my 2003 5 speed manual into a 2000 toyota tacoma single cab 2.7 engine with an automatic transmission. Has anybody done the tdi swap to an automatic transmission? If so, any tips? How hard is it?
  3. S

ALH TDI 1.9 L to pickup swap suggestions

I have a 2003 vw jetta tdi 1.9L ALH. I'm thinking about taking the motor, (and anything else useful), from the ALH and throwing it into a light pickup. I'd like to get a light 4x4 going with the 1.9L ALH engine. I'm looking for something with a little bit of a bed and the 4x4. I've seen...
  4. S

replacement screw set for injection pump head

I'm in the middle of replacing the seals on the ip head. A lot of my screws are pretty rounded out. Does anyone know where you can get a replacement set of screws for the ip head? Some of the screws are different lengths so it'd be nice to get the right ones. here's a link to a video...
  5. S

is there a connection between vacuum system/egr/brakes/high pressure pump issues?

I'm in the middle of replacing the seals on the ip head. A lot of my screws are pretty rounded out. Does anyone know where you can get a replacement set of screws for the ip head? Some of the screws are different lengths so it'd be nice to get the right ones.
  6. S

is there a connection between vacuum system/egr/brakes/high pressure pump issues?

@csstevej could the leak from the ip onto the coolant hose, and the coolant hose swelling up cause the windshield wiper fluid to stop working by any chance? my windshield wiper fluid stopped squirting a while ago even though the reservoir is full, not sure if they could be related. I also...
  7. S

@csstevej I was trying the petroleum jelly/t-valve test today and when we tried starting the jetta up I noticed fuel dripping from under the ip, the more you crank the faster it drips. so I'm guessing that means there's an issue with the ip seals.
  8. S

@csstevej thanks for the tip on testing the t-valve! I'll definitely try that. Is there any test I can do to see if the problem is the injection pump?
  9. S

thanks for getting back to me with this. the clear line is empty (no fuel) when the car has set overnight. is the "IP head o-ring" the gaskets in the high pressure pump that feeds the injectors? I found a youtube video showing their replacement here: just want to make sure I'm looking at...
  10. S

I have a 2003 vw jetta tdi 1.9L manual transmission. It's been having a hard time starting. I have to prime the high pressure pump and try several times to get it to start, then if I let it sit over night it won't start again. I've replaced fuel filter, t-valve, long 5/16 fuel line that runs...
  11. S

starting issue possible fuel pump

This is a picture of what I've been referring to as the "lift pump", it's in the gas tank. The car has a new starter, the battery has been tested and is good, if I prime the high pressure pump it will start and run. I'm getting some air if I hook a vacuum pump up after the fuel filter before...
  12. S

I've hooked up a vacuum pump after the fuel filter, but before the high pressure pump. with a couple pumps I get fuel and some air bubbles. if I hook the pump up to the line coming from the tank to the fuel filter and give it a couple pumps I get fuel and air bubbles. if I hook the vacuum...
  13. S

I have a 2003 vw jetta tdi manual 1.9L. About a month ago it began having starting issues. I let it sit for a couple weeks, there was pretty hot weather, triple digits. I tried starting it, the starter struggled but would not start to turn over. I've since had the battery checked, it's fine...
  14. S

Renewable diesel

@CleverUserName @AndyBees thanks for all the help guys. I checked, I was getting fuel no problem pulling through the fuel filter. so had to be an issue after. fuel cut off valve was getting voltage when key turned. so primed the injector pump, bled the injectors, and it started right up!
  15. S

Renewable diesel

@AndyBees @CleverUserName Haha, yeah what a surprise still not starting after swapping battery and fuel filter. so did my part for the economy. So far I have swapped the fuel filter, T valve on top of fuel filter, filled the fuel filter with injector cleaner, replaced battery, and bled the...
  16. S

Renewable diesel

@CleverUserName thank you for getting back to me on this so quickly. I have noticed that the top of the fuel filter is wet, and I did notice some bubbles moving around once while someone else cranked. If it is leaking what should I do?
  17. S

Renewable diesel

I'm new to posting on this forum. I'm not sure if this is the right way to post. I also posted this on another thread, but this thread seems relevant. I have a 2003 vw jetta tdi. During a trip recently I filled it with renewable diesel. It ran fine for the rest of the trip, but after I got...
  18. S

Random no start issue

I'm new to posting on this forum. I'm not sure if this is the right way to post. I have a 2003 vw jetta tdi. During a trip recently I filled it with renewable diesel. It ran fine for the rest of the trip, but after I got home and parked the car for a couple days it had trouble starting. It...
  19. S

Lost 5th Gear 2000 Jetta TDI

I have a 2000 vw jetta tdi with a manual transmission. When I put it in 5th gear the rpms go up, but there's no power. I took it to a mechanic, they opened up the access panel on the transmission and took a look. The mechanic said the post for 5th gear spins but the spline doesn't grab. They...
  20. S

Rear Wheel Noise

Hey does anyone know where I can find a "how to" thread on replacing the driver side rear brake caliper?