Search results

1. D

Holes don't line up.

Hi Nuje, Thanks for your reply. I have tried extensively to get the bolt started in this way but it always ends up going in at an angle and getting 'cross threaded. Bare in mind another flange piece also uses this hole so there are 2 layers to tighten. This middle part of the timing belt cover...
  2. D

Holes don't line up.

How's it going guys! Hope everyone had a good Christmas. I'm having a real hard time with my 2010 1.9 TDi Caddy (BLS). She has been on stands for the past 2 months while i've been dealing with other things. As it stands she is pretty much close to re-built but I have one pressing issue. The...
  3. D

1.9 TDi Motor Mounts

I mean I'm sure you probably could. I would think the engine crane may get in the way when working in and around the bay, depending on what it is exactly you are doing in there. If you have to remove the mount you should be able to insert the mount back in the same way. Incredibly frustrating...
  4. D

1.9 TDi Motor Mounts

So just to update it is entirely possible and is in fact approached from the bottom. Start low and insert the bracket into the cavity between where the mount should go, and towards the centre torque bar mount. Spin it around until it's in the right orientation and push it up past the tensioner...
  5. D

1.9 TDi Motor Mounts

As an afterthought, could I remove any of the brake / fuel components in the area, or would that introduce priming / bleeding / aeration issues further down the line. I'm not sure how much this would even help really as it would still be pretty tight even with those items removed. I'm not...
  6. D

1.9 TDi Motor Mounts

Duly noted Nuje. I believe this is best equated to cost benefit analysis. I am under the impression that VW recommend a new tensioner stud, as well as the tensioner itself every time the belt is de-tensioned and replaced. I had a pretty terrible time getting the belt tensioned the first time...
  7. D

1.9 TDi Motor Mounts

Thanks for your response. I have indeed supported the engine as per the recommendation in the Haynes manual, which was via the sump - with a wood board to spread the load. The brake fluid reservoir and the (fuel line receptacle housing?) beneath it seem to be stopping me from leveraging the...
  8. D

1.9 TDi Motor Mounts

Hello everyone, hope that everyone is well and having good luck with their projects. I am creating this thread to ask about advice regarding the timing side motor mounts on the 1.9 TDI engine (BLS). After renewing the timing belt I am stuck trying to get the engine support mount on, as in the...
  9. D

Code p0299 help VW passat B6

That's excellent news. I have the same boost code on my caddy at the moment. Will attempt to clear it after sorting out the timing issue i'm currently dealing with. I will definitely be sure to check the fuel lines. How did you come to realise that was the thing causing problems?
  10. D

Code p0299 help VW passat B6

Not sure if this applies to your Passat specifically, but I've heard of the 1.9 TDI turbo actuators not working properly due to failing n75 valves. It may be worth applying vacuum to the valve to see if you can solicit a response from the actuator. The valve itself is fairly cheap to replace...
  11. D

Timing belt alignment issue.

Hey Guys First post here, I apologise if this isn't posted in the right section. I am having a hard time with the timing on my 2010 Caddy. (BLS) After much struggling I replaced the belt, set tension and torqued everything down to the correct specifications. At this point, I torqued the three...