Search results

1. Airplane MD

FS 2006 Jetta TDi 5 SPD Reading PA, Last Chance @ Auction

The auction on Hagerty Marketplace for our single family owned 2006 TDi concludes tomorrow Wednesday 1/10/24 @ 3:20 PM. Take a look at the link and I think you will agree this is a desirable car. Even if you are not in the market, it's fun to watch the closing minutes to see what happens...
  2. Airplane MD

2006 Graphite Blue Jetta TDi

We have offered our 2006 VW Jetta TDi for auction with no reserve on Hagerty's Marketplace. It's a great clean reliable daily driver or a good platform to learn/teach how to drive a 5 speed. Fun little car. I would keep it if I had room...
  3. Airplane MD

We have offered our 2006 VW Jetta TDi for auction with no reserve on Hagerty's Marketplace. It's...

We have offered our 2006 VW Jetta TDi for auction with no reserve on Hagerty's Marketplace. It's a great clean reliable daily driver or a good platform to learn/teach how to drive a 5 speed. Fun little car. I would keep it if I had room.
  4. Airplane MD

WTB MK4 Jetta Wagon or Golf TDI

Just so happens our '06 Jetta TDi package 1 went up for sale today. It's a 5 speed Graphite Blue with about 130K on the clock. I bought it new and my son has been driving it since 2012. The car is exceptionally straight and has been upgraded with the leather seats that were in our other '06 TDi...
  5. Airplane MD

Help Please Engine randomly stalls

So what happened? I'm having a similar issue and came across you're thread. Did you ever resolve it short of selling the car? I've been trying to solve this VERY intermittent issue on my '06 5 Speed for some time now. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
  6. Airplane MD

Cabin Blower Resistor Pack

2006 Jetta Package 1. Have just had the third blower resistor pack fuse open where blower 4 setting works but not 1, 2 or 3. After the second incident, replaced the blower and resistor pack. All was well for about 6 months and now have the same issue. Position 1, 2 and 3 out. 4 works fine...
  7. Airplane MD

Discounted TDI oil locator thread

Not trying to hijack this thread and if it's answered elsewhere please forgive me. What is the advice of the day on oil flavor for my 2006 PD engine. Time for an oil change and can't seem to find any approved oils locally. TSB 2012855/11 from 11/30/2010 had recommended two Mobil one products...
  8. Airplane MD

Castrol 507.00 does not replace 505.01

Let Reading VW do a 40,000 mile DSG oil change and a 10,000 mile engine oil change. Asked them to put an extra quart in the car. When I read the bottle I realized it was the Castrol LLO3 type. Inquired of the dealer what oil was in the crank case. Confirmed they mistakenly used LL03 and they...
  9. Airplane MD

What can I do with a VAG-COM?

I have just spent the last hour looking for the vag adjustment for MPG readings on the MFD. Can anyone link me to that info? I know it's here somewhere.
  10. Airplane MD

Trunk Bike Rack KILLS Mileage

Glad I found this thread. We carried two bikes on the trunk rack from Reading, PA to Williamsburg, VA. At 70 MPH down Rt 95 I was taking at least an 8MPG hit (about 38 MPG) according to the MFD. I got a chance to experiment on the Colonial Parkway which is a 45 MPH mosly flat drive from Yorktown...
  11. Airplane MD

rough idle, 5-spd

Does the term f u mean anything on your side of the pond. Really, do you have to rub it in!! ;)
  12. Airplane MD

rough idle, 5-spd

Yeah well Jerry, why don't you send me one of those Passat Diesels from the Continent. That's what I really want! Unavailable in the States.
  13. Airplane MD

rough idle, 5-spd

Last post to this thread was just after the dealer (Vision, Reading PA) had replaced the flywheel in the spring of '08. Had myself pretty convinced that this was the problem as it felt fine for 6 or 8 weeks. I got a chance to examine the flywheel and I have to admit, there was nothing obvious...
  14. Airplane MD

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

3.879 at Hess Mosolum Springs, Reading, PA. Plus get 5% more on their credit card.
  15. Airplane MD

Don't forget, if you have access to Hess Diesel, they offer a 5% discount (10% for the first 90 days) on their credit card on all your fuel purchases. So that means the pump price here in PA is 4.389 is then really "ONLY" about 4.15. What a bargain.
  16. Airplane MD

rough idle, 5-spd

Here's my update. As mentioned previously, my "lumpy Idle" occured intermittantly since new, probably less than 5% of the time. Lately it was becomming more frequent and more pronounced. At all other times, it idles smooth as a sewing machine. So now I have a new flywheel, clutch and bearing...
  17. Airplane MD

rough idle, 5-spd

Well, inspection has revealed a defective flywheel. It should be swapped out by tomorrow. Since the car runs like a sewing machine 99% of the time (although it got progressively worse), I am hopeful this is the problem with mine. I'll report results soon.
  18. Airplane MD

rough idle, 5-spd

Took the car in on Monday and of course it failed to misbehave. Today as I was driving passed the dealer I took a chance and sure enough I was able to demonstrate the problem to the service manager. Now I have an appointment for Monday for them to remove the starter and have a look at the...
  19. Airplane MD

rough idle, 5-spd

Due to the lack of activity on this thread, I am wondering if anyone has come up with anything definitive on this issue. My 5 speed has had Lumpy Idle from day one albeit infrequently and very light. Now with 26,000 miles it is more frequent and pronounced. Are there any solutions out there?
  20. Airplane MD

Get a load of this.......4.099 at what used to be a Mobile on Rt 183 at the Reading Airport.