Search results

1. Mcgink

best b4 modification?

When I had B4's, I think performance chips and E-code headlights were the best mods.
  2. Mcgink

1997 Passat Wagon Red

Someone must be interested in this one. It'd be a shame to see this scrapped due to a even properly diagnosed fuel pump failure. SHIRLEY!!! Someone with a Wagon could use the decent looking leather interior. Oh, and where is it located??
  3. Mcgink

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

Nice to see that it's officially broken in now at 300K mi. Nice to see it's getting proper care too just like I-red is in TDIDave's capable hands.
  4. Mcgink

I'm using one of these in my FL buggy for Bluetooth audio/phone connectivity. I like to stream music. The audio system in is integrated with the climate controls and would be a big $$ job to upgrade. Oddly, the car has hands free phone connectivity but no audio. As usual, I'm having picture...
  5. 20240505_115857.jpg

20240505_115857.jpg

Radio integration
  6. 20240505_115843.jpg

20240505_115843.jpg

RIWUSI Bluetooth
  7. Mcgink

IIRC, I-red had functioning speakers in all 4 doors and the 2 on the dash. Likely original though.
  8. Mcgink

Two 2003 Jetta TDI Wagons (5spd manual) Located in Flagstaff Az.

Sounds like scam from a new user to me. No details, pics prices, etc
  9. Mcgink

SOLD: 03 Jetta ALH Manual 104k mi

Looks great and one of the best FS postings I've seen, well done. GLWS
  10. Mcgink

A time capsule then. Hopefully the leather is holding up (We know what happens) since it's in the protection of the great indoors.
  11. Mcgink

Nice to keep them safe from the NE winter weather 👍 When was the last time "P" Wagon went out for a spin around the block? 🤔
  12. Mcgink

SOLD - Not a TDI - 2014 BMW 535d xdrive for sale in CT

I bought a B4 Passat from this seller and the amount of maintenance done and record keeping on it was outstanding. IIR, even every tank of fuel was documented. Seemed like no expense was spared. I expect that this BMW was extremely well cared for as well. GLWS,
  13. Mcgink

Nice work Dave, it's great to hear that I-Red is back on the road. West coast will hopefully get it out of the rust belt.
  14. Mcgink

Not a TDI: BMW 335d $14,500

That's very nice, does that use Def fluid? I'll be looking for a buggy to keep in FL after the renovation here. I'm leaving the hybrid here when I head north for the summer this year.
  15. Mcgink

Imagine getting pulled over for driving on the wrong side of the car :oops:
  16. Mcgink

Relay for trunk release

You might check the bunch of wires at the LH side trunk hinge. They fray and can cause a bunch of different issues related to the rear electrics.
  17. Mcgink

real world EVs review

No Heads up display on a Tesla?? Seems like it should have it all at that price point IMO
  18. Mcgink

SOLD 1997 Passat TDi Wagon for Sale - Corvallis, Oregon

Forgot where the other VIN number location is on those, I'll bet that Abacus will know.
  19. Mcgink

SOLD 1997 Passat TDi Wagon for Sale - Corvallis, Oregon

Doesn't look too bad in the CL pics. Are those wheels 5 lug? Looks like it has the standard TDI 14" hubcaps. GLWS