Search results

1. T

Timing Belt change in New England

Don't think that's necessary. By the time they set up and remove everything, even a hot engine will probably be cool enough to touch. I'd only worry about burning oneself. There is a healthy margin in the tensionner setting.
  2. T

Timing Belt change in New England

Its actually easier than ALH. You dont really need to touch the injection pump.
  3. T

Fans Running After Engine Shut-Off (DPF?)

I never noticed the gear suggestion to be any different. It typically always suggests lugging the engine somewhat.
  4. T

Fans Running After Engine Shut-Off (DPF?)

Every 250miles or so if you had the fix done
  5. T

2015 A3 CRUA engine timing issue

Litens is OEM for VW. It happenss i guess.
  6. T

Not sure what to make of it. Post some pics.
  7. T

Is the cam sprocket still tight on the shaft? Did it shift to the limit?
  8. T

Definitive coolant flush guide.

Download the service manual from erwin. You'll need it.
  9. T

Is a leaky water pump covered under extended warranty?

It seems to be water pump warranty is hit or miss. Your car being 9 years old, you probably should do a timing belt kit anyway for piece of mind. Belt is most likely fine, not so sure about tensionner and idlers. Kit price has gone down quite a bit, about $200 . The hardest part is to find a...
  10. T

2015 Sportwagon TDI - Sunroof leaked, now electronics are going wonky. How screwed am I?

Disconnect battery and actively dry stuff (with a blow drier for instance), or let it dry on its on for a couple days.
  11. T

Forgive me Father...

You know they can't be reused. Why you asking? Why be on the wrong side of statistics? Sure, with luck, anyone can do anything.
  12. T

Key Fob is dead

Did you lose both keys at the same time?
  13. T

Key Fob is dead

I usually get a warning about low key battery, weeks before it actually dies. I think the VW design is just fine. Nobody gets the warning here???!? Or you just ignore the warning until too late?
  14. T

DPF Pressure Sensors Melted

Not really an issue. Service manual clearly states that the sensors should be unmounted. My guess is the techs dont bother and just push the tubes and therefore crack the sensors. Totally the dealership fault. No excuses.
  15. T

Key Fob is dead

You guys know you can use the key WITHOUT the battery, Right? No need for a tow.
  16. T

DPF Pressure Sensors Melted

$2700 for a timing belt job? And they are still milking you for THEiR mistake... Where are all the honest dealerships?? Btw, did you shop around for the timing belt job, is that the price nowadays?