Search results

1. N

FS: ALH head from a 2003 Jetta, $100

Sorry for the delay, I'm having a hard time navigating through this site, it been a long time since I've been on it and it has completely changed. I do not know how to get to my messages yet. Nor can I figure out how to get back to my posts, it was so much simpler before the change. Having said...
  2. N

FS: ALH head from a 2003 Jetta, $100

I have an ALH head with 200k miles on it. Nothing wrong with it, dropped some carbon in one of the cylinders while cleaning the intake manifold which kept the engine from turning over. I was also doing a timing belt change which is how I discovered the carbon in the cylinder. I had to remove the...
  3. ALH 200k cylinder head

ALH 200k cylinder head

4. ALH_head1.jpg

ALH_head1.jpg

ALH head with 200k miles. Port view.
  5. ALH_head2.jpg

ALH_head2.jpg

ALH head with 200k miles. Injector view.
  6. ALH_head3.jpg

ALH_head3.jpg

ALH head with 200k miles. Valve view.
  7. N

FS: Almost new struts and shocks from 2003 Jetta

Yes, just replied to your PM.
  8. N

Three boxes, each strut is 20lbs and the rear shocks between 10-15lbs. UPS online was only asking for size, not weight, so each package was $26. When I did by weight it was over $100 to ship all three.
  9. N

After reviewing my driving time with these struts/shocks turns out to be around 780 miles of which 550 miles was highway driving. The cost to ship is high so I'm hoping to find someone near the Chicago land area that could use these, I'm in the far west suburbs, zip is 60440. If you can find a...
  10. N

UPS Total cost is $78, sorry, that's the best I can do. USPS is over $100 as with Fedx.
  11. N

From idparts.com: 1) Two Fully Assembled "Quick" Strut [MOOG] (A4) 2) Two Bilstein B4 TC Sport Rear Shock (A4) Had these installed for less than a 1000 miles, mostly highway driving, the ride was a little to stiff for me so I replaced them with "Rear Shock [Sachs] (A4)" and "Fully Assembled...
  12. Suspension components

Suspension components

Struts and shocks from 2003 Jetta
  13. Struts_shocks.jpg

Struts_shocks.jpg

Moog Struts & Bilstein B4 TC Sport Rear Shocks
  14. Struts_shocks1.jpg

Struts_shocks1.jpg

Moog Struts & Bilstein B4 TC Sport Rear Shocks, side view
  15. N

Oil leaking out of EGR

Studying this EGR system I have discovered that it works almost in the opposite way from a gas engine, I might be wrong though. On a gas engine an EGR system will actually cool the combustion camber by reducing the oxygen, but from what I'm reading the EGR on an ALH engine is needed to heat up...
  16. N

Oil leaking out of EGR

Well, that sounds better than what I have been researching. Some threads suggest that a bad seal on the turbo can cause this excessive oil and if the seal get really bad that you can get a run-away condition that fry's the engine. I have read up on deleting the EGR but have not found...