Search results

1. highender

Power loss...... My alh engined 2000 jetta has less power than before

Ok, ... I went out, and saw that I had exposed wires from the sensor on the big air iintake before the 90 deg turn into the intake pipe....... Must measure airflow ? Apparently the electrical lines from this sensor was touching a pulley on left side ( when you are facing the...
  2. highender

I mean VCDS..........
  3. highender

Ok..........man...I have to bring the car in............. UNless anyone around SF bay area has one to lead me and read........
  4. highender

Damn................ Changed out the fuse for the side lights...........but the stupid dash lights still off. And car drives ........... and can slowly get up to 90 mph.... but hill climb and overall power is lost. Climbing hills, I am as slow as some semis...
  5. highender

HI... stock air filter. NOT Kand N.
  6. highender

Tomorrow I will change out the fuel filter and airfilter.... and Already I am not using old fuel.....which i got free. Past 3 fill ups were all good diesel from good busy fuel stations. WIll report if I get any improvements. I should clean out the MAF sensor.... lol
  7. highender

after clearing it, the fuel looks good now before going into the fuel filter. I may need to change out the fuel filter ? That clear fuel prefilter had crap filtered out, so maybe the fuel filter is also crapped full ??
  8. highender

Hi all My 2000 Jetta ran with little problems for a long time......just regular maintenance. But recently it has less power. Going up hills or accelerating onto freeway seems anemic. You can tell its less power. But its not in limp mode. I have driven my other jetta in limp mode...
  9. highender

Instrument panel all dark. What can I do to fix ???

ok..........found issue. it was one of the easy fuses.... 23 i think. changed it oiut... now all working. thanks
  10. highender

OK.... I will check those fuses...
  11. highender

OK>......my tdi dies after starting........

thanks oilhammer
  12. highender

any link to the fuses for the 2000 Alh TDI ? I will check fuses tomorrow. But dont know which one it is for lighting for instrument cluster ......... car otherwise runs fine.
  13. highender

Hello alll : I drive the car fine. Seems no problem, CEL lights and other lights come on normally upon cranking and starting car. Then they go away. However, Insturment panel is all dark at night. NO blue light , I am driving in complete darkness. Yes, I tried the dimmer...
  14. highender

Hi all, YOu guys rock. I disconnected battery terminals, but didnt touch the two ends together since they were unable to touch with battery in middle. ( I turned key on to acc , so immobilizer light on................and left it on . Meanwhile went into house to get some...
  15. highender

Yes,....Immobilizer cel is on.............let me disconnect battery to see if it works. If it does work, is there any more thing that needs to be done ?
  16. highender

IT it has been colder , but in California it is still above freezing.......... And in morning car started fine. No......it will not hold idle. I start it.........step on pedal for a little fuel, and then it dies. Still does that today. OK,........... glow plug light is on, but its...
  17. highender

So other day I drove my 2000 TDi jetta to thank my friend for helping other friend with his tires. Checked my tires......then all good and So as i leave, i start the car, and it starts... revs up to 1500 or more......and then dies. So i crank and start again........and same...
  18. highender

Good East Bay TDI Mechanics?

Matts leaving............. :oops::cry::cry:
  19. highender

Bye California, it's been nice.

darn.........just when I will start to need work done.........justin cannot come down, and you are moving away. Well, I do think you are making a good step for your family and wish you the best, Matt. Thanks for your work on my tdi. The car runs fine, but I am going to need a...
  20. highender

Guru maybe come to my place. Anyone need work done ?

anyone have any work to be done ?