Search results

1. highender

Power loss...... My alh engined 2000 jetta has less power than before

Hi all My 2000 Jetta ran with little problems for a long time......just regular maintenance. But recently it has less power. Going up hills or accelerating onto freeway seems anemic. You can tell its less power. But its not in limp mode. I have driven my other jetta in limp mode...
  2. highender

Instrument panel all dark. What can I do to fix ???

Hello alll : I drive the car fine. Seems no problem, CEL lights and other lights come on normally upon cranking and starting car. Then they go away. However, Insturment panel is all dark at night. NO blue light , I am driving in complete darkness. Yes, I tried the dimmer...
  3. highender

OK>......my tdi dies after starting........

So other day I drove my 2000 TDi jetta to thank my friend for helping other friend with his tires. Checked my tires......then all good and So as i leave, i start the car, and it starts... revs up to 1500 or more......and then dies. So i crank and start again........and same...
  4. highender

Guru maybe come to my place. Anyone need work done ?

Hello all . Gosh its been a long time. My tdi needs a timiing belt done. I have a friend who can come do it. To make it practical, was wondering if anyone needs a timing belt, clutch, or other work done ? Longtime trusted members please PM me.
  5. highender

Stuck interior dome light........always on.

hello there : yesterday, my driver side interior dome light ( not center or right side one), became always on. I tried the switch to push it OFF, but it just pops back and remains on. I tried to tape it for now, to prevent electricity drainage.. How do you fix this light swittch...
  6. highender

Kerosene that is 4 years old, is it still good ?

Hi all : I have access to free fuel additive kerosene. It was bought and stored in original 55 gallon drum , metal, container. They used to use it to clean their machine shop items, but later on used a commercial service. The kerosene sat in the cool parts of storage, in no light...
  7. highender

Help~ I was told by VW they would take care of everything.

Help my friends . I am a loyal Volkswagon fan, and so was my dad. Our family have bought so many Volkswagons. So a few months ago, unsure of the Dieselgate scandal , I called VW , and they said and confirmed that our car was in the system, and they would take care of everything. No...
  8. highender

Help. I lost $5000 in VW dieselgate incident.

hello all In Sept 2011, I bought a 2012 Premium model Jetta TDI with navigation. After dieselgate broke open a year ago, I did not want to be saddled with a TDiI with problems, It was supposed to be worth about $19,000 because it was fully loaded. with only about 30,000...
  9. highender

Glow plug removal, what torque max to remove ?

hello all : I have a 2000 jetta with alh engine. it recently have threw a code, glowplug. previous owners said that one of the glow plugs may be frozen or hard to remove. they tried and gave up, not wanting to break the glowplug. what is the maximum torque to remove a...
  10. highender

Glow plug removal, what torque max to remove ?

hello all : I have a 2000 jetta with alh engine. it recently have threw a code, glowplug. previous owners said that one of the glow plugs may be frozen or hard to remove. they tried and gave up, not wanting to break the glowplug. what is the maximum torque to remove a...
  11. highender

2012 Jetta TDI threw a CEL today. HElp diagnose !

Hello : My 2012 Jetta TDI CEL light came on today. Car runs fine. But is there anyone who can help diagnose the issue and check which code is thrown ?:confused: I am near Hayward CA area.
  12. highender

FREE for pickup. Headrests 3, and ALH engine cover. East Bay Area.

FREE pickup. 3 Headrests, ALH engine cover San Fran East Bay Area. I have a few TDI items for free : 1- 3 headrests, tan, grey, etc. 2- ALH engine cover , good condition. I have two, but not using any. Nice to have it for covering up any mods for SMOG. PM me for...
  13. highender

Possiblity of putting Chevy diesel engine swap into my suburban ? What do you think ?

Hello: I have a very nice Chevy Suburban Stillen, with all the bells and whistles . It has 5 TV monitors, video, dvd player, games TV, special custom seats, dual batteries, bilstein shocks, special console, custom made console. etc. However, the supercharged Steve Millen engine...
  14. highender

ALH rotors, headrest, engine cover, hitch receiver NORCAL,

ALH Mk4 autoparts, Interior, Pickup EastBay NORCAL, Hello all: . I have a few items that I do not need, good for pickup with any amount of small donations you can give to help our next missions trip to help needy people. PICK UP only please. These are small items that take too much...
  15. highender

How effective are these power mods ?

I have a 2000 VW Jetta TDI with alh engine. WOndering how much percent or raw horsepower gain would each of the following modifications add to the car ? 1- VNT -17 turbo. 2- Euro Front mounted intercooler. 3- RC 3 / Euro Tuning 4- Full t304 turbo back techntonics race exhaust 5- DeiselGeek...
  16. highender

How much horsepower will these modifications add to my MK4 jetta ALH

Sorry , wrong forum... I will move it to the power enhancement forum. But if you know , please post. I have a 2000 VW Jetta TDI with alh engine. WOndering how much percent or raw horsepower gain would each of the following modifications add to the car ? 1- VNT -17 turbo. 2- Euro...
  17. highender

Wanted....... Old Navy breather puck mod.

Hello: I am looking for a Old Navy oil breather puck set...aluminum , with or without filter elements. Please pm me. Thanks h
  18. highender

Air - Road Trip...starting Oct 6th. Oak to Cle to Oak.

Well, an adventure to start tomorrow. At 6 pm, I will be going to fly Oak to Seattle - Miami- Cleveland. Pickup a nice Jetta TDI from a fellow tdiclub member......and start the roadtrip back......... Cle - Indianapolis- St Loius- Oklahoma City... Denver.....Salt Lake City.... Will have...
  19. highender

Can you tell me how wide and long the rear space is?

I am going to drive my new ride, a 2000 Jetta , back from sellers city. I want to pickup a windshield in OKlahoma City and put it in the rear folded trunk + rear seat area. So how wide is the width of the space when the seatback is completely folded down ? I am hoping it will be enough to fit...
  20. highender

what is the width of 2000 Jetta seatback folded down ?

Help :what is the width of 2000 Jetta seatback folded down ? Hi. I am going to drive my new ride a 2000 Jetta. We want to pickup a windshield in OKlahoma City and put it in the rear. So how wide is the width of the space when the seatback is completely folded down ? I am hoping...