Search results

1. Poor King

The cost effective way to raise a mk2 jetta

Would 2" wear out axles like a bad habit? I know there are two ways to go about it on the cheap: spacers or longer springs. The jetta came with awful ebay coilovers from the previous owner and it would be cool if I could get away with implenting both methods to replace all four corners. Found...
  2. Poor King

The cost effective way to raise a mk2 jetta

I'd like to get some input on raising a mk2 jetta. Currently working on swapping in an alh and I will remove the front subframe and control arms to refurbish them. So now is as good a time to tackle this. My original plan was to purchase an air ride kit but I have other projects and funds must...
  3. Poor King

If not a diesel, then what would you daily drive...

I've heard such stories and also read about collisions where the jaws-of-life was rendered useless. The high probability of electrocuting the rescuer and distraught passengers alike is very real.
  4. Poor King

Car Stalling while driving!

That or you have a short somewhere... please look for exposed or crimped wiring which may be moving and touching metal chassis/body while driving.
  5. Poor King

OBX LSDs

I went down this road couple of months back and fell upon this vid. For my dd, I am hoping to fall upon a used unit from a more reputable company, but if not I'll purchase the OBX new. It's all the same tech really.
  6. Poor King

Whoa. Never thought of that or knew that was a thing to do with 911's. Before I go down that rabbit hole, I wanted to mention that in NYC there are now more 20-30mph speed cams on the roads than yellow cabs. I've yet to see a Tesla burn down the road here but it's good to know if the owner...
  7. Poor King

Numbers and bragging rights sell has been selling since the vehicle was invented. Then there's the offhand lambo stuck in traffic and I just don't get why someone would trade their comfortability and the visual aspect of driving for the cause of making a statement. So in those regards Tesla's do...
  8. Poor King

OBX LSDs

You can install a better set of bolts and Neville washers (the two weak links) yourself with general tools.
  9. Poor King

State of Washington goes woke

No one thought windmills would freeze over either. There is no single answer for every geographical scenario and population. Canada and California have the land mass that naturally promotes the use of EV's and the East coast not so much. Maybe offshore windmills will be the answer for the best...
  10. Poor King

Very speed. Much wow... For your future purchase, I have to make a case for the R8. While I don't think I could ever find myself to spend that type of money in a car even if I had it, I do see how Audi has created an absolute winner. They look so much better than cars twice the price. Then the...
  11. Poor King

State of Washington goes woke

Oh yeah, the thread title is definitely clickbaity. To my defense a large demographic of EV consumers have the need to present themselves as part of the solution.
  12. Poor King

Waiting on a turbo

How did the turbo go bad in the first place? Maybe they/you can purchase and get reimbursed. https://www.remanautoelectronics.com/p/674-Volkswagen-2-0L-TDI-CKRA-Turbocharger.aspx
  13. Poor King

Folks are writing off EV's as this savior of our planet when it is the low hanging fruit vs. much severe constants of negative C02 emission contributors. I see EV's as a capitalist marketing gag. Private jets should be grounded asap until everyone is clear of a collective solution. If you truly...
  14. Poor King

Anyone know this genius?

D'aww... it wants belly rub ☺
  15. Poor King

Anyone know this genius?

16. Poor King

I undid the head bolts instead of the camshaft bearing cap bolts

Use your favorite liquid to penetrate the threads for a few days and then reinstall the head to orm torque specs. Then purchase a blowtorch kit from Home Depot and heat up around glowplugs. I like to tighten the threads in their seat to "break" the tension and then counterclockwise it off.
  17. Poor King

Saved :) a bunch of typing. As for the bolt, I've seen only two since it's release to the public.
  18. Poor King

Could you elaborate on the bolded part.. Not sure if you are implying that electric vehicles are 70% greener than diesels C02 emissions. And yes for some oddball reason I actually like the Bolt, but not the Volt :unsure:
  19. Poor King

Waiting on a turbo

This is pretty standard coverage with all brands today. I would walk in there and question the situation. And if they give you the run-around once more, no need to get loud. Just ask for their names and positions at the dealership then watch them pick up the crumbs like a bunch of bumbling...
  20. Poor King

But it's not only specific to mk4's that I am speaking of. For example, I've yet to see a bmw 540d xi or a Blutech Mercedes which they offer on many platforms. @Mongler98 mentioned it on another thread and it is true: this is the only country where people no longer opt for diesel's. Europe to...