Search results

1. TurboABA

If not a diesel, then what would you daily drive...

See above about infrastructure and such.... it's hard to charge your EV at work, while shopping, during the day, etc. due to sparsity of charging network, long charge times due to weak chargers, time-of-use rates, yaddi, yaddy, yadda....
  2. TurboABA

DPF failure data collection

What codes are you getting?
  3. TurboABA

Fix or delete?

If you don't want downtime (or can't tolerate it), the only way to do it is through warranty as they will provide a loaner. I'm suggesting that you run a full scan to see what codes you have and to also get load readings off your DPF. You may still be able to do a standing or driving regen if...
  4. TurboABA

CATA timing chains

That doesn't look like fun.... or a bill I'd want.... How are you checking for stretch? MVB 93 or something? I could have a look at my CNRB with ~84k miles on the clock to see how it compares. Regarding the "stretch" of the VAG chains..... I would say it's all about regular maintenance and...
  5. TurboABA

Fix or delete?

If it was my car, I'd go to a different dealer and\or argue with the incompetent one in order to get warranty coverage. It doesn't sound like you've got a lot of disposable cash at the moment, so deleting it won't be that feasible.... free or mostly free FIX covered items will be a much better...
  6. TurboABA

:unsure: So not only are people not comparing apples to apples, but they are also not even looking at all costs involved..... I guess negating the initial purchase price is somewhat understandable, but I can't follow how you get free home chargers\solar panels\wind mills\hydro dams, etc..... or...
  7. TurboABA

I would like to see some actual supporting data (mostly because I love to argue with people) 😇 I will even go as far as to guess that if you did a comparison of "cost of ownership" and "fuel cost savings", a TDI would've saved you money based on the amount of driving you do (unless you do it...
  8. TurboABA

I actually missed the "e", but it's irrelevant anyways since whatever he's saved in diesel costs he's more than spent on tires..... @nwdiver Tell us good Sir, how many sets of tires have you burnt up in 190k miles? And how much do those run-flat 20s (or 21s) cost each time? :unsure:
  9. TurboABA

That's because........ 62.3% can't drive theirs due to the fact that they are "in some stage of a build" or a "planned swap"...... 35.7% have newer CRs that are just sitting at dealerships while they are fighting with VW corporate for Emissions Warranty coverage.... ...... and the one dude can't...
  10. TurboABA

Voided warranty

Disagree. If he hasn't been flagged as a TD1, swap to OEM filter and hit up a different dealer to get it covered under warranty. If he's a TD1, then he may need to start paying for his own repairs.
  11. TurboABA

Voided warranty

:unsure:
  12. TurboABA

Anyone know this genius?

So gran is driving class 8s now? Oh gran.....
  13. TurboABA

This... (on the outside)
  14. TurboABA

I'm not that young... it has to be an '84 because it's the last year of the MK1, with the Square lights, red accent, Recaros, yaddy, yaddi, yadda........
  15. TurboABA

5th Gen Golf R drivetrain swapped 1984 Rabbit GTI :cool:
  16. TurboABA

Oregon Moves To Ban Petroleum Based Diesel

OMG.... I'm telling Greta!
  17. TurboABA

Obd not reading and other fault after remap

Oh boy.... brutal post. I'll take a stab at it though..... Those shouldn't be related. What remap and on what vehicle, etc. If you are making a correlation between the flat battery and remap, have you reached out to your "tuner" about it? Sounds like DRLs were enabled and your dash dimmer...
  18. TurboABA

Voided warranty

Did they give you any paperwork which indicates that they flagged your VIN as a TD1?
  19. TurboABA

VCDS Worth The Purchase? (DPF Filter Light)

Its amazing that your dealer uses VCDS.... I bet they are the ones that added intercooler fans to your vehicle too, probably right after reprogramming the OBD to give you warning lights on every start as part of normal operation.