Search results

1. O

Clean/lubricate windows- B4

is ok, i found some proper stuff made by wynnes now.
  2. O

Clean/lubricate windows- B4

what sort of "silicone spray" are we talking about here? like the stuff for funiture? i am just about to install my second drivers side lifter since it ate the last (nearly) few teeth on the quadrant again. any tips on adjustment, especially the adjustable cam stop thing would be welcome. both...
  3. O

sticking door locks

drivers window fell into the door of my 2001 golf tdi last week. fixed by vw dealer some way from home (100% vw goodwill as it was the usual regulator problem). since then it takes two pulls of the door handle to open the door when first unlocked & once i got locked in & had to climb out...
  4. O

have i fried my ECU?

tracked down my mate who has vag-com which indicated air flow meter fault. replaced. sorted. jump start thing was pure coincidence then.
  5. O

have i fried my ECU?

moved from A4 forum went to glastonbury festival last thursday, my 94 passat tdi 90 (1Z) seemed to drive ok on the way there, perhaps a little down on power i can't be sure. car stood in a field for 5 days. on return to car i was approached by ford owner who had left his lights on & asked for...
  6. O

have i fried my ECU? *DELETED*

have i fried my ECU? just noticed this is in the wrong forum. i'll move it
  7. O

have i fried my ECU? *DELETED*

Post deleted by octafish
  8. O

In the middle of TB/waterpump replacement and....

in this part of the world (uk) whenever you try & remove just the pump, one of those M6 bolts will very likely sheer & whole pump/body has to come off anyway to be drilled out. must be the climate
  9. O

How to bypass ignition switch for radio

there will be a constant live wire going to your radio already. disconnect the switched wire at the plug & loop the constant to position where it was. radio will now be usable without ignition being on. sorry i don't know colours offhand, but should be easy to suss with meter/bulb/diagram. if...
  10. O

96 passat tdi, new exhauset, no vibes

save yourself the effort. put a flex joint in.
  11. O

Window motor intermittent

could there be an unusual drain on the electrics when the engine is running? can't think what though. shot alternator/rectier/regulator?
  12. O

Help B5 2000 TDI oil filter V6

Help 3B 2000 TDI oil filter V6 well i call it a B5. & it's newbie or n00b sorry i can't help.
  13. O

A3 1Z Noise on Start Up

You are meaning to do a quick turn and quick release with the key? yes How did you diagnose it was the ignition switch? because the using the above method got rid of the noise. yes, you can replace just the switch. you don't need the lock. part is only £10 or so in the UK. you will need...
  14. O

A3 1Z Noise on Start Up

could well be ignition switch failure. mine tried to re-engage starter when key was released from start position. try releasing key completely when engine starts so that key flys back faster. worked for me in the short term 'til i changed switch.
  15. O

Window motor intermittent

when mine does this (far too frequently) i spray window motor connector & plug with contact cleaner & it's good for another few months. what is it with windows on vw's? on my B4 i've got this problem on 2 front doors, i've also fitted a new regulator on drivers side when teeth ceased meshing...
  16. O

Taking a B4 wagon to Europe

a 96 passat tdi estate would be about £4000 i'd say. my 94 is worth about £2500. most other diesel estates (ie. peugeot 405) would be worth much less. vw commands a premium. B4 estate/wagons are also comparatively rare in uk. they were never that popular when new, but are highly regarded now...
  17. O

i think the hangers are not the cause of the problem. before i fitted the flex pipe mentioned above i fitted brand new vw hangers throughout. didn't do a thing. noticing that only a very small amount of finger pressure on on the exhaust killed the noise, i tried setting the hanger mountings so...
  18. O

i sorted the (very noticable) resonance on my 94 tdi estate by fitting a modified straight pipe from rear of cat to centre box. i got a pattern pipe from southern exhausts in bournemouth + a flexible coupling that i think was intended for a vauxhall astra. sorry to say, i have lost all the...
  19. O

fans

ah ha! i have climate & fans do indeed come on & off with "auto" setting. funny it's taken me 2 1/2 years to notice coincidently our car is a dutch model too.
  20. O

fans

thanks. that's what i thought.