Search results

1. R

WTD: 1998 Beetle ALH Intercooler

Cool.. Has it been used? For how much will you sell it?
  2. R

WTD: 1998 Beetle ALH Intercooler

WTB: 1998 Beetle ALH Intercooler Does anyone have a 1998 TDI Beetle Intercooler for sale? I believe the part number is 1C0-145-803-A.
  3. R

Almost stalling? Timing issue?

Problem seems to have gone away after fixing the crack...
  4. R

How difficult is NB intake removal?

Thanks MOGolf... I will try that
  5. R

How difficult is NB intake removal?

Wanted to do an Intake & EGR cleaning on my 1998 New Beetle. When I took a look at the general area, it seemed very tight. I am sure people here have done it on New Beetles... just wanted to get some perspective on how difficult it is to get the Intake out of the car...
  6. R

Problem getting the car to move!

hmmm... maybe i'll get the clutch upgrade from dieselgeek....
  7. R

Thanks for the input, guys. I will go check the clutch assembly. Is there a wat to test the DMF?
  8. R

Well, actually it was a mechanic at a local VW dealership who did the clutch test (rev up and dump the clutch). I agree its not good for the car, but it might be one way to test the clutch...
  9. R

Well ... replacing the MAF made the car run better, but the occasional stalling did not go away. Noticed a crack on the intercooler, cleaned the crack area and put some epoxy to seal the crack... Will see how it goes...
  10. R

Well ... replacing the MAF made the car run better, but the occasional stalling did not go away. Noticed a crack on the intercooler, cleaned the crack area and put some epoxy to seal the crack... Will see how it goes...
  11. R

OK, I think the problem could be because of a gradually failing MAF. I disconnected the MAF and have driven the car for a while without seeing the problem. Am goint to get the MAF replaced under warrenty, and see how it goes...
  12. R

OK, I think the problem could be because of a gradually failing MAF. I disconnected the MAF and have driven the car for a while without seeing the problem. Am goint to get the MAF replaced under warrenty, and see how it goes...
  13. R

Pierburg MAF for A4 TDI PLEASE READ ME! last post!

Pierburg MAF for A4 TDI $80 each shipped UPS. Hi silentbob, do you have any MAFs available? If yes, I will paypal...
  14. R

Well, I did the clutch test... (engage the hand brakes, put the car in 2nd, rev to about 3000 rpm, let go of the clutch... and see if engine shuts off) ... and it did... so, I don't know if clutch is the problem...
  15. R

Thanks for the suggestions. Relay 109 - my understanding is that the indicator of its failure is the glow plug light. My glow plug light does come on when I trun the ignition key. So relay 109 may not be the problem... N75 - I checked with VAG-COM and do not have any DTCs set. Could it still...
  16. R

Have been having this strange problem intermittently. Does not happen always so I can't reproduce it. It happens regardless of how warm or cold the engine is. And when it happens, I am usually in traffic and can't experiment things. Here is the scenario: · I am at a red light, light changes...
  17. R

Well, I changed my fuel filter. The car stopped stalling. Yesterday (after almost two months of the filter change), it stalled again... I was at a stoplight, and could not get the car to move when the light turned green (much to the annoyance of people behind me). May need to get the fuel...
  18. R

I followed the instructions in the FAQ and checked my idle IQ. It was at 3.6 mg/st which seems within specs. I then decided to drain water from my fuel filter and some phlegm-like stuff came out. Wonder if its because of the Biodiesel I have been using. The good news is that the car does...
  19. R

Well, I checked my timing using Vag-com and it is within specs (in the upper half of the shaded area in the graph). I am suspecting the fuel filter. Am going to drain water first, and if the problem still exists, replace the filter. Will post my findings here.
  20. R

How is the IQ set higher? and from what value to what?