Search results

1. Rickstah

2000 vw NB intank fuel pump wiring

Lol, after I finally made a little stool by the door sill and got my fat head under there I realized that black cardboard was easy to remove and see all the wondermous opportunities to short the whole thing out, lol.:LOL:. Note to Rick, do NOT turn on the ignition until you are positively...
  2. Rickstah

Oh I don't have it anymore, the current NB is Chad from Wichita stage 1, stock, lol, caveman is right, that was a fun weekend, lol. I miss the AHU clutch setup, though. Guy to whom I sold it tried a weekend project to change the heater core, left the hood up and the firewall wide open and it...
  3. Rickstah

Years ago after I had mine I went down to Texas for a rally and bought some Upsolute chips off Runonbeer, stuck them in my Jetta, got some .205s and danged if that little thing wouldn't run like mad, lol, stock turbo. Sniff (dabs at eyes)
  4. Rickstah

I miss my 98 AHU, lol.
  5. Rickstah

Appreciate that, sorry I made you do that. I was able to loosen the plastic right under the steering wheel and see the 30a stud pictured above, so I need to remove the black cover that is below it, I guess I can do that, every time I touch any tupperware on this car it cracks, lol. Assume some...
  6. Rickstah

Thanks, dude, not totally blind, just lost, lol.
  7. Rickstah

Oh crap I thought it was on the left side by the footbrace behind the vertical plastic! You mean up under the dash above the pedals?
  8. Rickstah

OK i am still confused. Earlier you said power from #30 stud in footwell...you must be talking about one of the relays currently IN the relay panel I have circled in red below because I see no blade stud that a blade connector would slide down upon? Or else I have not dug back in there far...
  9. Rickstah

@burpod do you remove the two bottom relays and remove the relay frame to get to the stud? I tried to lay eyes on it after moving the two harnesses, uncertainty abounds. :unsure:
  10. Rickstah

Thanks, Burpod. I knew you had done multiple vehicles like this and probably would have noticed if the ignition interrupt made a difference, but it was a good question. I appreciate you and Zak both helping me understand this. Going to start this adventure shortly :).
  11. Rickstah

I used to know how to do it, haven't had to talk with individuals in awhile :). X is the new name for Twitter.
  12. Rickstah

Thanks, Krash, I was half thinking I did it wrong all day but thought maybe I had messed up over on X, lol.
  13. Rickstah

Thanks, Zak, good point if that stopped the pump from building pressure for any appreciable amount of time, although I am just surmising. I was thinking. I hadn't looked any further for the "stud" either so thanks for chiming in. I was thinking of just activating an empty slot if I could get the...
  14. Rickstah

HI, burpod, I am installing a BEW pump in place of my NB's sending unit, long story but I am interested in your version of the install but hoping you could clarify something. When you say "power for relay from #30 stud in footwell" do you mean either of the studs seen in the first picture? I...
  15. Rickstah

12 volt portable cooler off rear lighter plug?

My old 2002 NB shows the rear plug to be on its own 30A fuse (#35 slot) I have run one of those older version thermos coolers many times from a 500 watt inverter plugged into that receptacle and as long as your A/C keeps the inside cool it works great and I had an old large 12v compressor that...
  16. Rickstah

Physics of putting LED units into New Beetle stock canisters for low and/or high beams?

Hey, I am on my second set of canisters in a couple years, typical sources, if nothing else works I may try one last time...but my existing low beam halogens will not adjust and I am so tired of trying to shim the canisters, lol, the driver low converges on a spot about 40' in front and the...
  17. Rickstah

2005 NB Headlight Housings Upgrade

I have had the worst luck the last two sets of canisters I ordered, lol. The adjusters just don't make the lights move at all when I turn CW or CCW, don't even know which way to turn to make it go up or down, probably stripped again. Would you guys shop Parts Geek for the TYC brand you...
  18. Rickstah

Updated: Fuel Level Sending unit repair/replace 2002 ALH NB

Would someone be willing to get a pic of their fuel filler area, although I am unsure if the filler area is the same across multiple years of NB, thanks for any intel.
  19. Rickstah

Dude, I may not have answered you, sorry. They did replace the tank and after that was when the lethargy and failed starting started occurring. I am talking about the car 😆. I was pretty much done with them by then after I had to go back and redo my emergency brake cables, and then I discovered...
  20. Rickstah

Just as an end to this first part of the process, lol, here is what the eBay guy said about the part he had on his site. Apparently there was a 2002 NB 1.9l that had a fuel pump in it, lol: "Hi there, The VW parts catalog shows your car takes this part. See pictures attached. Part number...