Search results

1. A

2011 Cjaa stand alone tuning / immobilizer delete

I might be interested in a CAN bus doohickey for MIL and GP indicators. What are you doing for VSS without the ABS controller?
  2. A

2011 Cjaa stand alone tuning / immobilizer delete

You may want to contact Kerma or Malone about it, they might be able to find the original tune via the VIN and add the immobilzer delete to the tune for you. At present I'm working on a CBEA swap with a Malone tune and was able to delete all the external modules the ECU was looking for and had...
  3. A

05 Ford ranger edge 3.0 manual

Chances are you will only need the glow plug and check engine light wires from the TDI harness.
  4. A

05 Ford ranger edge 3.0 manual

To run the Ford cluster, you will likely need to keep the 3.0 PCM. I'm dealing with the same thing with a 2008 truck. The PCM takes the transmission output speed sensor for speed calculation, then communicated speed and odometer value to the cluster. The fuel gauge will work fine, the oil...
  5. A

Welp, it looks like I'm starting over. Truck got destroyed.

Yes, the 02 and 05 have radically different wiring. The 05 has much more CAN stuff and less individual modules. My 08 is going to be some sort of hybrid turd sandwich of electrical harnesses.
  6. A

Alh Tdi ranger.

I'm still using a TDI, just a CBEA instead of a ALH
  7. A

motorcycle tdi

Strangely enough that popped up in my "recommended" the other day. Some creative building to overcome issues like engaging the clutch.
  8. A

Alh Tdi ranger.

I'm not sure if it would work or not in your application since I don't know the year of your truck and my 2008 Ranger is seriously modified and getting a CBEA. I made brackets to mount the 4 cylinder Ranger A/C compressor above the oil pan on the passenger side of the block. The 4 cylinder...
  9. A

Need A/C info for swap 09 CBEA

Thanks for the info, I'll probably just use the board with an A/C on signal so it will command the ECU to run the fans, saving me having to add extra relays and decipher the cooling fan circuits. It's a 2008 Ranger. All my A/C system is "stock." Same evaporator, accumulator, and condenser. The...
  10. A

Need A/C info for swap 09 CBEA

I'm using a 09 Jetta CBEA for my Ranger swap. The Jetta A/C compressor utilizes a control valve rather than a pulley clutch. I will be using the Ranger A/C compressor to keep the A/C system plumbing all Ford. I want to use the Jetta Climatic control head circuit board to control the A/C system...
  11. A

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

Good to hear it's running and driving, and you're racking up some miles. My Ranger is still in pieces.
  12. A

Longitudinal ALH Swap Motor Mounts

I used hydraulic mounts intended for a 1992 F-150 with the I-6
  13. A

Bellhousing adapters?

tdconversions.com usually engrave the plate with what it is to adapt to.
  14. A

Bellhousing adapters?

Those diesel Chevettes were quite rare, I only knew they existed because I saw one at a u-pull 25 years ago. A bit of google search and it sounds like they may have used a Borg-Warner T5 transmission. The T5 was used on quite a few brands and models of vehicles. You may be able to swap the bell...
  15. A

Alh to 2014 jetta, is this possible?

Even if legally the engine could be swapped, your insurance company might have a dim view of it. When I was building my 97 F250, I replaced the blown up 7.5l (460) gas engine with the 7.3 that my 97 donor truck had. Even though it was all legal using all Ford parts and the trucks were the same...
  16. A

Cool, thanks for the answers. The Edge model "powerdome" fiberglass hood was Ford's answer to get the 4.0 SOHC to fit, later models all got a slightly domed steel hood. I'm replacing my 08 steel hood with a modified Edge fiberglass hood anyway to avoid a rust issue (modified the front lip to...
  17. A

Did you ever do a build thread for this rig? I have questions. I'm guessing you used 2.3 A/C lines and compressor to have the compressor on the right side of the engine, to avoid the one refrigerant line running over the front of the engine. I've bought the 2.3 parts and am doing the same...
  18. A

Good to hear your son came out of it with only some scratches, Rangers are surprisingly tough little trucks, I hit a deer a month or so ago with only some dings to the fender and door. Any upgrade to a different engine would depend on how much you want to spend and the time involved to adapt...
  19. A

1995 Ranger/B4000 TDI Swap

I'm in a similar boat, dropping a CBEA into a 08Ranger that had the 3.0. Essentially you need to keep the Ford ECU in the system to drive the cluster via CAN bus and retain mileage, etc, but can gut all the wiring for fuel injection, ignition, etc. My harness is stripped down to power inputs...
  20. A

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

That would make sense, a corked up cat will make any engine struggle, NA or turbo. The N75 would call for more and more boost but the turbo would struggle to get there as drive pressure for the turbine would approach the cat backpressure and exhaust flow speed would drop to a minimum. I had an...