Search results

1. S

FS: 2004 Jetta TDI PD GLS - Handyman Special?

Anybody need a nice parts car? i'm willing to entertain offers. I have no idea what the value of car is in current state.
  2. S

I did take the shift stalk apart did see one large rectangular magnet on the left side, is there another magnet I may have missed? Thanks for taking the time to reply. -Nick
  3. S

This car may be a candidate for a 5spd conversion. Parts: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=494429 -Nick
  4. S

FS: 2004 Jetta TDI PD GLS -Needs Work- South East PA All, I have a 2004 TDI GLS PD with 188,434 miles that I need to let go. I purchased the car in January of 2011 with 108,000 miles. Car does not have current state inspection, and I'm back and forth on if I'm going to take to get inspected...
  5. S

2001 TDI AC not working...

There seems to be 2 items listed with the EX 10067 part number. Does it matter which ? NIck
  6. S

Im sure the compressor was spinning...as i visually verified it was engaged. What im trying to do is validate compressor is actually working internally which doesnt seem to be tbe case. Just want to be sure before i drop cash on a compressor.
  7. S

Ok. I bad a chance to hook up gauges to the car. I came hp with 112psi low side and 125psi high side. That was with ac on high and no recirculation. i have poc of the guage dials if you want. Nick
  8. S

Hard brakes and no/low turbo....

I ended up buying what turned out to be power steering hose. I actually thought it was vacuum hose as it was on the same shelf. I found a complete replacement part on one of the vendor sites. Thanks everyone. Nick
  9. S

Ok. I'll get the presure reading as soon as i can. Hopefully tomorrow sometime. Thanks. Nick
  10. S

This is the issue. The pipe is split on the underside. I took a quick look online but didnt see any specific repoacement parts for it. I presume and standard vacuum hose will work? What is the inside diameter I need to match here? Thanks, Nick
  11. S

Hello, I've encountered an issue with my TDI whereas my AC doesn't cool the car. As in no cold air at all. Things ive checked are the fans (turning visually), Compressor (engages visually). I've hooked guages to the lines and have charge and have followed the diagnostics proceedure as outlined...
  12. S

Hello, Its been along time since Ive been to the forums. Life changes, etc. In any case I've come across an issue on my wifes 2004 PD. I think it is al related to vacuum, or lack there of. I had an incident, though I think it is unrelated, but for full disclosure I'll include it. One day I was...
  13. S

"Growling" @ 1,700-2,000 RPM

Same issue... I normally do all the work on my car, but with the birth of my first child I hadn't the time to work on the car before state inspection. I've been nursing my passenger side Inner CV Joint boot for years. I'd clean it up/degrease and black tape wrap to sneak past inspection. Didn't...
  14. S

Steering knuckle damage...?

OK. Thanks.
  15. S

Steering knuckle damage...?

OK. Thank you. Any idea on book time for this job? Nick