Search results

1. LLL

coolant pump connecting pipe o-ring?

I (always) do the same thing, but with the rubber friendly grease, the silicone one :cool:
  2. LLL

Why is it smoking...

Edit: Not 100 gr, but 100 ml. Well, if you are not converting it, maybe it's a liter :) If yes, it's a 3.38 oz. :)
  3. LLL

Why is it smoking...

1500 km - 100 gr.
  4. LLL

Why is it smoking...

No, no difference.
  5. LLL

Why is it smoking...

Coolant on the same level for years. Diesel purge used a couple of years ago, independently of the problem with the smoke... the smoke is present after parking the car downhill, never uphill.
  6. LLL

Why is it smoking...

Valve cover gasket in perfect condition, no even smallest leaks. The oil smell comes from the exhaust pipe smoke.
  7. LLL

Why is it smoking...

All the gurus are on vacation, eh?
  8. LLL

Why is it smoking...

1. Is it water cooled? I think not mine and egr is off already two years. Engine was smoking before egr turn off too. 2. It smells like an oil.
  9. LLL

Why is it smoking...

Why is my car smoking always when it is parked downhill?! Starting the engine after some time, the smoke makes such a horror... It smokes like somebody burned a tire (but smoke is white)! I need some good accel. pedal flooring and some 10 miles drive to rid off of the smoke. Drivers behind me...
  10. LLL

Warped(?) rotors... again

I was just checking all my threads and found out that I "didn't end properly" this one, I forgot to inform you after solving the problem. So, machining the rotors w/o taking them off solved the vibration problems, but... ...replacing the wheel hubs (new ones!) made my braking nightmares to...
  11. LLL

Sudenly higher RPM at idle

Yesterday I had a 200mi combined city/open road trip. Rpms normal, glow plug light behaving normal also, outside temp around 95°F, so I can confirm: one of the problems causing incorrect gp on/off light and high rpms at idle is the broken coolant temperature sensor! CTS part# 357919501A
  12. LLL

Today and yesterday, 50 miles, all is ok. I think I can "close" this post with conclusion that the broken coolant temperature sensor can cause the problem described in my first post. Thanks for the help to all of you guys!
  13. LLL

Another 40 miles today, same weather, city drive... no high rpms, yay! Test is continuing tomorrow.
  14. LLL

Seat heater

I have already did what I did, described in my previous post, that's it.
  15. LLL

40 miles today, downtown, hot weather +95°F, engine works like a charm... no high rpms. Continuing test to the end of the week.
  16. LLL

Coolant temp.sensor changed this morning (gp light works like it should), drove some 20mi, all was ok. We'll see this week what would happen further.
  17. LLL

Seat heater

Bump! I covered the wires with piece of cotton t-shirt, bonded two cloth pieces with Victor Reinz gasket sealing compound which is +300°C temp.resistant. We'll see what would happen when time comes up.
  18. LLL

Seat heater

Anyone please? I need to reassemble seats asap :)
  19. LLL

Seat heater

Repairing passenger seat foam and I want to repair heating wires also. What cloth should I use to cover exposed wires? Should it be some specific material? Thank you.
  20. LLL

Same things today, glow plugs on for 15 secs (outside temp. +35°C/95°F), rpms around 1000/1100 on idle... Next week I'm changing the coolant temp sensor, I hope the gp light will go back to normal. I found the following text somewhere on the internet, about the high rpms: "High engine idle can...