Search results

1. Trfytoy

What did you do to your MK7 today?

Anyone have a part number for this sunroof seal? I've looked for days with no luck.
  2. Trfytoy

Instructions for changing water pump?

The tensioner has only 47k miles on it, I'm sure it will make it to 160k. But if I get a replacement and some free time, I might throw it in there.
  3. Trfytoy

I sent them an email, no response yet.
  4. Trfytoy

Thanks for that info! And yes, this last year has been nice, especially during the lock down. Seems like traffic is getting back to normal now.
  5. Trfytoy

Everything came in this box except the water pump and belts.
  6. Trfytoy

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qc4sbrxcxLFx2i3z5
  7. Trfytoy

I plan on it. Just not sure if I want to go through changing it out again 🤣. If I do, I'll make a video on the CRUA since there isn't any.
  8. Trfytoy

Thats interesting... Yeah, the one in the kit cracked while tensioning. Looks like it was made of pot metal. I think I'll try the kerma kit next time.
  9. Trfytoy

Do you have the coding for that? I could see how the kencha could be too much for you Canadians, the way you guys drive here in Washington 😝
  10. Trfytoy

Yeah, that was in the id-parts kit. The chrome off the old one was starting to corrode and flake off. My guess is the water pump had been leaking for a while and eating up parts in there.
  11. Trfytoy

I could not move it by hand. It was replaced with a non-variable pump.
  12. Trfytoy

Changed the timing belt and water pump last night after work, pretty straight forward and very similar to the videos on the previous generations. Water pump failed at the bearing, not the seal.
  13. Trfytoy

I was told it is "Case by case". Tearing apart the car this evening.
  14. Trfytoy

I guess I'll try Customer Care again. Hopefully I can get the $350 I paid to have it diagnose back.
  15. Trfytoy

Are you talking about the factory warranty or the extended emission warranty?
  16. Trfytoy

We talked to customer care, they sounded like it would be covered and transferred us to the regional person who said no.