Search results

1. M

Every State West of Ohio

Every State West of Ohio, contiguous USA On September 2nd, I will be leaving for my 17 day road trip west. Here is a "mostly" correct map of where I am going. I have adjusted the route slightly to avoid some toll roads. All stops are still correct, except I will be stopping in Eugene OR to...
  2. M

South Bend clutch slipping after 16k miles

I thought I noticed something off with my car the other day when passing someone on my way home from work. Tonight I decided to replicate it. Put my car in 5th gear at 60 MPH, sits at around 1800 RPM. Put my foot down as if I was passing someone, and the RPM shot up to 2200 RPM, the dropped...
  3. M

Alh dyno numbers

I got to put my car on a dyno today. Some people are guessing that the numbers were not accurate, based on my upgrades. I'd like to get your opinions if I could. Upgrades: Vnt17 turbo Dlc 1019 nozzles 11mm pump Malone stage 4 tune, 23psi Upgraded intercooler The dyno was unable to register...
  4. M

Drive up Mt. Washington

I recorded the drive up on the gopro. I might finally have the time to get it edited and uploaded after this weekend. I just wanted to post this now so that people would have a heads up. I will be posting the full drive up, with the CD audio overlay, as well as cuts of good shots, if there...
  5. M

Stock SMIC with tacotaco FMIC

I'm leaning towards getting a new FMIC, but I don't want to have to deal with moving my MAP sensor, and running a ton of new piping. I'm thinking about keeping the stock SMIC, and running a FMIC, with same side in/out, to minimize new pipes. So basically running turbo, SMIC, FMIC, intake. Can...
  6. M

FS: Mille Miglia 16x7.5 5x100 $300 NW Ohio

I have a set if Miglia rims for sale. Title has info obviously. They are in good condition, just dirty with brake dust and such. I would rather not deal with shipping, but I will if you cover the cost. I would be willing to meet anywhere with-in 300 miles or so if you cover the small fuel...
  7. M

Am i missing anything in my build so far

I have everything listed in my sig that I have done to the car. Should I be doing anything else? I was thinking about a front mount IC, but my stock one still works really well. With ambient temps at 80F, and doing about 90 down the road, I only see it go to about 110F If I go to a larger...
  8. M

Used AC today, now car won't start

Been using my AC yesterday and today. Drove the car around for about 20 miles, then stopped at the store. Went to leave, and the starter only clicks. All lights, windows, and everything else seem to work, but wouldn't start. Had my brother hook up jumpers, and it started right up. Drive it...
  9. M

Selling Malone tune question

I have a Malone stage 3 tune on my 2002 automatic Jetta. My brother just bought the same car, but with a 5 speed. Will my tune work in his car? I know when I got it tuned, I was asked if it was Auto or Manual, and I just want to make sure it won't cause any computer glitches in his car before...
  10. M

*Memorial Weekend Road Trip*

My last post I wrote Labor day by mistake My current plan is to head west past Chicago, up North through Wisconsin, then east and south through Michigan Upper Peninsula. I plan on taking all 3 days and nights to do this, because I am off work Monday memorial day. This is the plan as long as...
  11. M

Labor Day Road trip

Memorial Day Road trip I'm looking for somewhere to go. Something to do Memorial day weekend this year. I am all for meeting new people, especially fellow TDIclub members. I live in NW Ohio. Anyone have some good ideas were to go? Anyone want to meet up? Just a thought...
  12. M

Is my VNT17 working correctly?

So this is probably going to be a stupid, but I have some concerns about my turbo. So before my stock VNT15 went out, I did a de-cat and cleaned the turbo with Mr. Muscle. The turbo whistled very nice without the cat, and sounded amazing:D. On starting it warm, you could easily hear it spool...
  13. M

Jetta ALH 01M Real world MPG

I've been searching the forums now for an hour or two, and can't seem to find any current threads on this. I'm wondering what everyone is getting with their cars that have the ALH and an automatic transmission, probably the 01M. I have owned my car since June 2014. On the third tank I had...
  14. M

Preparing for cold winter. Need advice

Hello everyone. I live in Ohio, and last year, it was an extreemly cold winter for us. We had a few weeks straight that the real temp never went over 10F, wind chill was always -10F or lower. I know that some people are use to colder than that, but here we are not, and I have never owned a...
  15. M

Fuel injector leaks fuel after new nozzles

I upgraded my nozzles a few months ago, following the instructions I found here on the forums. Everything is in and working, but I have one injector, #2, the I can not get to stop leaking fuel. It is a small leak, but it is there none the less. I have taken it apart and cleaned the threads 3...