Search results

1. E

Front Seat Help. Please

I have a 2000 TDi that I'm about to sell. One of the final items that needs repair before I sell the car is the rail under the front seat. The two plastic guides that keep the rail centered in the locking mechanism have disintegrated. Do you know whether these two parts can be purchased...
  2. E

Car won't start, Help please!

My 2000 Jetta TDi ran fine on Friday. I didn't drive the car Saturday and then went to start it on Sunday and now it only cranks. I checked the anti-shutter valve and it wasn't stuck. The glowplug light comes on and then goes off so I would assume the glowplugs are good. I'm thinking I'm not...
  3. E

Jetta TDi ran one day and didn't start the next morning

My 2000 Jetta TDi ran fine on Friday. I didn't drive the car Saturday and then went to start it on Sunday and now it only cranks. I checked the anti-shutter valve and it wasn't stuck. The glowplug light comes on and then goes off so I would assume the glowplugs are good. I'm thinking I'm not...
  4. E

Scangauge II current trip MPG reading too high?

I just took a road trip from Dallas TX to Orlando FL. During the trip I had an awesome 850+ mile tank. Now that I'm home, I'm noticing that my current trip mileage is going a little crazy. My instantaneous reading seems normal, but when I check the current trip number it seems anywhere from...
  5. E

Thermostat Change for Better MPG???

I know that my 2000 Jetta Tdi gets better fuel ecomomy on the hotter days. Would it be recommended to install a thermostat that runs hotter during the cooler months of the year to increase cold weather mpg? Furthermore, would be recommended to install a thermostat that runs a little hotter...
  6. E

Driving techniques in rolling hills?

I commute aobut 22 miles each way to and from work. The whole way is rolling hills over underpasses and natural hills. What is the most efficient way to drive in this scenario?
  7. E

Soot (black smoke) question????!

I've had my car for ~6 months and when I first got the car I could get on the accelerator fairly hard with no black smoke coming out the exhaust. I've been changing my driving habits to increase mpg and therefore almost never accelerating hard for the past couple of months. Now, if I get on...
  8. E

ScanGauge II Initial Setup

ScanGauge II Initial Setup Help I just received my scangauge II today and I want to set it up in the most efficient way so it takes the shortest time to calibrate. I was reading about this setup and all the initial inputs for a Tdi last week but can't find the thread again. Can somebody point...
  9. E

FS: 18 X 8 light weight Rota Formula Rims with tires - $615 shipped

Up for sale is a set of 5X100 bolt pattern, 18" Rota Formula wheels and tires. They are light weight wheels. I saw almost no decrease in gas mileage after installing these rims. I bought these from a vwvortex user but found another set that I wanted more about a week after I bought these. I just...
  10. E

Dip stick tube Help...

I just replace my dipstick tube because the old one broke and noticed that it didn't snap in or anything. I put the engine cover back in place and then the dipstick and when I tried to pull it back out the dipstick tube came with it. Is there something I'm missing with this simple install? I'm...
  11. E

WTB Serpentine Belt Tensioner

I need a serpentine belt tensioner for my 2000 Jetta TDI. Anyone have one? I'm trying not to spend too much money because the car has 203,000 miles. New or used. Thanks.:confused:
  12. E

Engine mount damper mount broken? HELP

I recently bought a 2000 Jetta TDI. I was detailing the engine this evening and notice on the passenger side of the engine next to the timing belt housing there was a small damper(shock absorber) that was loose. When I moved it I found that the flange on a bracket that the rod end of the damper...
  13. E

Engine mount damper mount broken? HELP

I recently bought a 2000 Jetta TDI. I was detailing the engine this evening and notice on the passenger side of the engine next to the timing belt housing there was a small damper(shock absorber) that was loose. When I moved it I found that the flange on a bracket that the rod end of the...