Search results

1. E

Front Seat Help. Please

I have a 2000 TDi that I'm about to sell. One of the final items that needs repair before I sell the car is the rail under the front seat. The two plastic guides that keep the rail centered in the locking mechanism have disintegrated. Do you know whether these two parts can be purchased...
  2. E

Car won't start, Help please!

My 2000 Jetta TDi ran fine on Friday. I didn't drive the car Saturday and then went to start it on Sunday and now it only cranks. I checked the anti-shutter valve and it wasn't stuck. The glowplug light comes on and then goes off so I would assume the glowplugs are good. I'm thinking I'm not...
  3. E

Jetta TDi ran one day and didn't start the next morning

My 2000 Jetta TDi ran fine on Friday. I didn't drive the car Saturday and then went to start it on Sunday and now it only cranks. I checked the anti-shutter valve and it wasn't stuck. The glowplug light comes on and then goes off so I would assume the glowplugs are good. I'm thinking I'm not...
  4. E

Scangauge II current trip MPG reading too high?

My commute to work is just over 20 miles each way. And before my vacation to Florida last week the SG was not acting this way. That's what is puzzling me. What has changed. I did check the units and everything was just as I had set it up originally.
  5. E

I understand that the current day goes to previous day after a given amount of time. The issue is that the current trip mpg is dramatically higher than the daily trip mpg. Anyone know what would cause this? Is a sensor in the car failing?
  6. E

My car is a 2000 Jetta Tdi with a 5 speed. The car is totally stock other than the SGII. The really odd thing is that after making my commute first thing in the morning the "current trip mpg" is 10-20 mpg higher than my "today trip mpg." They should be the same since it is the first trip of...
  7. E

I just took a road trip from Dallas TX to Orlando FL. During the trip I had an awesome 850+ mile tank. Now that I'm home, I'm noticing that my current trip mileage is going a little crazy. My instantaneous reading seems normal, but when I check the current trip number it seems anywhere from...
  8. E

Thermostat Change for Better MPG???

Bump for any data on the intake air snorkel removal mod. I'm going to try to make a few minutes tomorrow to remove it and I'll let you know what the Scangauge says.
  9. E

hypermilling ??? WT#$@#

tnp, What methods are you using? I'm in the same boat as I've taken the challenge. I'm now able to get over 50mpg during my 20 mile commute to and from work up and down hills the whole way. I want to get to the mid 50's or even 60mpg. What do you recommend? And BTW, as far as the cruise...
  10. E

Is there a noticeable increase in mileage by removing the snorkel?
  11. E

Anyone else have experience with this mod? From what I know, the warmer air coming into the intake will decrease hp. Anyone have real-world numbers for mileage with and without this mod?
  12. E

I do have a scangauge. It's awesome. Right now the temp on the scangauge is holding right around 163F on days ranging from 70F-106F. When you say"190-ish" are speaking about gauge pod temp or scangauge temp. The cars gauge pod temp is holding at round 190F.
  13. E

I know that my 2000 Jetta Tdi gets better fuel ecomomy on the hotter days. Would it be recommended to install a thermostat that runs hotter during the cooler months of the year to increase cold weather mpg? Furthermore, would be recommended to install a thermostat that runs a little hotter...
  14. E

ScanGauge II Initial Setup

If you haven't put your backlight on the scangauge in red 3, blue 0, and green 0 you need to try it. The color matches the stereo and the gauge hands perfectly. It looks awesome.
  15. E

Driving techniques in rolling hills?

It tested the cruise control idea and my foot is much more efficient than my cruise control. With cruise control set to the speed limit during the 22 mile commute I got just over 41mpg. Almost ever day I just use my foot on the same commute I get between 46 and 48mpg.
  16. E

Alright, I checked the trip mileage on the scangauge and it reads 300 miles while my car's trip reads 343. I understand that the odometer isn't entirely accurate. I've got a 3% spead correction in my scangauge. Should I change my spead correction? I haven't GPS calibrated it yet.
  17. E

Anyone have a similar commute and have tested methods to get the best mpg? I'm trying to keep from having to spend half to a full tank testing if someone has already done it. Thanks.
  18. E

I commute aobut 22 miles each way to and from work. The whole way is rolling hills over underpasses and natural hills. What is the most efficient way to drive in this scenario?
  19. E

Guys, I've been noticing that the temp on in-dash gauge reads just over 190 degrees F when my scangauge II reads 163 degrees F. Is this typical? I believe that the engine runs more efficiently the warmer it is, to an extent. Should I believe the in-dash gauge or the scangauge?