Search results

1. N

Dreaded Airbag Warning Light and DTC 65535 CAN BE ERASED!

There are a couple of places which claim they can "reset" SRS modules, including one called "myairbags.com" but when I contacted them specifically about the early VW modules and the 65535 error they said they could not reset that error and wanted to sell me a "clean" module for more money and...
  2. N

Dreaded Airbag Warning Light and DTC 65535 CAN BE ERASED!

Despite what we have all heard and read I am here to tell you that there is a way to reprogram the airbag controllers to erase hard codes like the dreaded 65535. My '01 beetle had an airbag light and several stored codes which could not be cleared with VCDS including the 65535. I tried 2 other...
  3. N

2001 TDI New Beetle - 5 Speed Blue/Gray LOADED 136K miles in NH

2001 TDI New Beetle - 5 Speed Blue/Gray LOADED 137K miles in Nashua NH PRICE REDUCED! Sold!
  4. N

Anyone near Nashua, NH with VAG-COM?

Sorry about the duplicate posts...my browser froze and I didn't realize it posted already!
  5. N

I have a 2001 beetle with an airbag light and would like to scan it. Does anyone have VAGCOM near Nashua, NH who could help me out? Please PM me!
  6. N

I have a 2001 beetle with an airbag light and would like to scan it. Does anyone have VAGCOM near Nashua, NH who could help me out? Please PM Me!
  7. N

Tires to Avoid: Continental ExtremeContact DWS

I was just told by the dealer I bought the Contis from that they have authorized a full credit for the purchase price towards any replacement tires, so I am satisfied with this resolution. It took the intervention of the Better Business Bureau to get them to offer this, but that's what they...
  8. N

Continental called back yesterday and requested a copy of my receipt so maybe they are reconsidering the "no refunds" policy. I'll post here if they do land up "doing the right thing" and refunding my money. I'll just be glad to put this whole experience behind me. I will say the car these...
  9. N

Too bad you are switching, as I am now stuck with brand new replacements that I won't use and I could get you 4 tires at a VERY good price ;)
  10. N

OK, everyone can make up their own mind but you realize that Continental probably doesn't publish every bad review they get, don't you? I know for a FACT that tirerack doesn't. I would certainly hope that on their own site they would have at least 90% positive reviews but look at the consumer...
  11. N

Several complaints about the DWS tires are on this board: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/tires/continental.html and here I sorted them from worst to best reviews just to show there are lots of complaints about vibrations...
  12. N

I recently bought a set of Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires and within 1000 miles they developed bad vibrations. I had them checked on a road force balancer and basically all 4 failed with three of them exceeding 40 lbs. of road force and one of those exceeded 50 lbs (the threshold for...
  13. N

Possible new MDI update!

The update improved things a lot but didn't solve every issue for me, still it is worth doing if you haven't done it.
  14. N

Possible new MDI update!

I'm updating this thread to tell you about a discovery I came across while trying to solve an IPOD interface problem with my new car (yes, I am no longer a TDI owner but have joined forces with FORD and leased a new Lincoln MKZ). Anyway, long story short, I had trouble with my same Ipod touch...
  15. N

Windshield just went crackkkkkk

I'm not sure you really have to push on that when you R&R the mirror (of course the is water over the dam now). I recall all you do is twist it on and off - I don't remember pushing on it at all and certainly not hard enough to break the glass.
  16. N

Door Wiring - I guess they have not figured it out YET! DOOR SPEAKERS GO OUT!

My driver's side speakers go out from time to time and I wasn't sure the cause but now know it is because of the wiring at the flex-joint. When I open the door all the way I can reliably get the speaker to stop working, then I pinch the bundle and it will start again. WHY CAN'T VW FIGURE OUT...
  17. N

No snows for Winter of 2011-12?

The question of whether anyone *needs* to use winter tires is a tough one to answer definitively. Chances are for most people who don't have to be out in the worst conditions (unplowed roads during storms) then all season tires will probably provide adequate service under most conditions...
  18. N

No snows for Winter of 2011-12?

I picked up a set of one year old 16" Sedona wheels with TPMS and winter tires mounted on them from a guy who sold his 2010 sportswagon and put them on my TDI Cup. Last year I ran the stock 18's and didn't really have a problem but decided to try snows this year. All I can say is they...
  19. N

One week old Golf - in shop until 12/31

If it were me this happened to I would speak to the dealership manager, explain the situation and insist they replace the car with a new one. There's no reason to invoke lemon law, it is simply a matter that they sold you a car and in a week it became incapacitated and unfixable within a...
  20. N

tripmeter and clock reset

I'd guess that you do have a bad fuse you just have not yet found it. It might have blown when you had the radio installed (you didn't say if the problem started after the radio was installed or not). If you don't know what fuse does what then you might consider buying the Bentley manual or an...