Search results

1. S

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

Stories when filling up at \"gasoline station\" Not a station story but... I had an 80 rabbit (they have gotten better love tdi!) and in chicago it's cold in the winter! So at work started it up 10 min or so early to warm up and went inside. Oscar my coworker came to my desk with my keys...
  2. S

A leak is driving me nuts...

Ah the rubber boot sealing (or not) the cable for the hood latch.... Thanks for the help!
  3. S

Yes drivers side only... 97 passat sedan
  4. S

Sun roof! That I have not looked at... Geesh this place is great!
  5. S

Ok everytime it rains my floor gets wet... nothing is visually wrong no recent repairs. The foam under the dash gets wet and the relays are soaked (god help relay 109!) ANY ideas my back hurts from crawling under the dash!
  6. S

FS A3 B4 TIMING BELT KIT

Prompt service... good parts... very highly recomended!
  7. S

Why AMSoil is not API certified

Another lurker... (mostly because i'm completely ignorant too) It seems like Amsoil is saving some money by avoiding API testing... having never used it... it must be less expensive? Right?
  8. S

B20 pump near Chicago is OPEN

Wow... OK maybe wishfull thinking, but it seems to smoke less and less "clatter"...
  9. S

B20 pump near Chicago is OPEN

Stopped there today... 1.87 gal. It is a fleet refueling station about 200 yards off Devon lefthand side of street. They do have gates, but it was open. Would suspect late hours might be a problem. Pump eats Mastercards so no problem... Anybody here have a white TDI Passat I see on Greenleaf St...
  10. S

Upsolute Chip Set for 96 Passat

Sold I will take them! You have mail!
  11. S

It would appear that mine is "early"... Got VERY good service records with car and it has not had smoke recall... ECU 028 906 021 BK date 06-11-95 IS you chip set for this ECU? How to proceed?
  12. S

Yes very interested... You have mail... How do you know what ECU?
  13. S

My "new" 96 Passat.... Thanks TDImister and all

Well... TDImisterThanks for the post in reply to my suspension query... The new TDI I got a vag-com, raised idle (much better) no codes, did the EGR thing, Good oil... hard to find! manifold looks sort of clean, (I will wait for warmer weather!) Badyears are gone and got Blizzaks, (they are...
  14. S

http://www.greasel.com/

http://www.greasel.com/ WOW this is weird... http://www.greasel.com/ Anybody tried this?
  15. S

(Early) New Years resolutions for my B4

You replied to my questions about B4 suspension upgrades... Wow thanks for the input… My son (17) has gotten in some trouble and almost killed street racing. I took him and his “rice boy” friends to an autocross… they are hooked… Good people for him to get involved with... this spring drivers...
  16. S

Suspension mods on a B4 TDI

Wow thanks for the input… My son has gotten in some trouble and almost killed street racing. I took him and his “rice boys” friend to an autocross… they are hooked… Good people for him to get involved with... this spring drivers school! But I want to run too! Then I found this car and it is...
  17. S

Suspension mods on a B4 TDI

Any experance / advice on mods? Sway bars? Springs? Dampers? Tie Bars? Tires? What works? What a waste of time? Looking to improve the B4 but do like the new B5 cars! No TDI B5's and I only have 54k miles, got it cheap, it's perfect, has a 5 speed and sun roof... so it's a keeper! Save money...
  18. S

Problem with UPSolute in '97 Passat

Re: Problem with UPSolute in \'97 Passat Newbie with a question... Where did you buy you chip?