Search results

1. B

Air condition too cold to the point of no air flow

alex_tdi, I don't mean to get off the "where are the parts from" subject but I am more interested in what is causing your vibration from seeing your video. Have you looked under the hood at your serp. belt and your A/C pulley to see what my be causing the vibration when it begans to cycle...
  2. B

01 Beetle A/C will not take freon

Update Fans: I followed DanG144 instructions and discovered both fans did not not work on low speed and did have 12V to them. The High speed works fine. I popped the back covers off both fan motors and found that the contact brushes are stuck on both fans but the small fan had alot of debris. I...
  3. B

I followed the showthread that d2305 posted and found that both fans did not come on but compressor is turning which obviously caused overheating the system, then no A/C. First I need to fix the fan problem then find out what damages are to the system then go from there. Lessons learned...
  4. B

Thanks for the replies, I'm good with a wrench and can build an engine but I really don't know this A/C stuff. I don't have a Bentley manual, its 105 deg. here in TX and wanting to jump right in to it. There was no warning, the A/C worked great then stopped. I may be wishful thinking and...
  5. B

01 NB A/C just quit working after setting a few days. While eng. running, A/C on max, I tried to put a can of freon 134A in the small port (low side) in front of the IP. I first noticed that it was hard to connect and the guage needle pegged as if was connected on the high side. There are not...
  6. B

01 Beetle security sys will not let start

01 Beetle TDI 127K, Unlocked with remote, when tried to start the car the door locks locked, no dash lights, starter did not turn over and the alarm sounded off. After several tries with the remote and using the key to unlock the door it finally started up. Is there a common fix to this and...
  7. B

Glow plug light on for 1 sec. and starter ?

Thanks for the replies, sounds like two less things I have to worry about. The battery I bought is the Everstart Max (Wal-Marts best) 700 ccv. I have $100.00 invested in the bat. but will get a VW battery the next time. Leesons learned- should have asked before.
  8. B

Glow plug light on for 1 sec. and starter ?

I have 01 NB 5sp. 125K miles and I'm 3 weeks new to TDI. Glow plug light on for split second but it starts up fine and maybe because i'm in TX. The 4 GPs only have about 20K miles. Is there away to check or don't worry about it? Also the Battery seemed week in the morning so I installed new one...
  9. B

Slight power loss in 3rd....

I have an 01 NB 5sp. 126K doing the exact same thing in 3rd gear only in a simi-hard acceleration. Not the clutch due to RPM is not rising faster than speed and not lag due to it starts to slow about 2500 -3500 RPM. If it was the MAF would it happen in all the other gears? I did the AGR/intake...