Search results

1. Z

CP3 HPFP on my 2010 Golf 2.0L TDI

Thanks to both of you. Not sure that I'll have it installed, but I'd like to know if it's still an option.
  2. Z

CP3 HPFP on my 2010 Golf 2.0L TDI

No Luck! I just searched the site (which morphed into www.tunemyeuro.com) for "CP3 HPFP", but came up empty. Is your kit no longer available?
  3. Z

HPFP Failures-State by State List

What NHTSA Report? I just spent quite some time on their website but could find no such report. The HPFP failure investigation (EA11003) is still open.... :confused:
  4. Z

TDI Recall and Stop Sale notice.

Yes, and the above-linked VWoA notification does more than just specify build dates of vehicles subject to the impending recall. At the top of page 3, it provides the range of specific VIN numbers of affected vehicles. So you can check your VIN there (why wait for the recall data to be updated...
  5. Z

Algae: The New Oil

Yes, and IIRC in the Alternative Fuel category of last year's Federal budget, subsidies for Biodiesel R&D were cut while those for ethanol were increased.
  6. Z

Blending 20% to make 5%

Thanks for the info. Are you saying you fill the jugs with B20 or B100? I thought using plastic containers for B100 was definitely verboten...:confused:
  7. Z

Blending 20% to make 5%

I'm curious as to what kind of container you plan to use to haul around your B20. I'm making a long distance drive next month and also considering taking some B20 to splash blend, but I'm wondering whether the bio might act as a solvent in a standard plastic gas can...
  8. Z

NHTSA Update on CR HPFP failure investigation

And the Beat Goes On... Found on an Edmunds forum: "My father was just over last night and filled me in on the latest adventures of 2 of his coworkers with Jetta TDI wagons. He has told me before that both have had problems with the HPFPs. The newest news is that 1 of them had their 2nd...
  9. Z

Now I understand why I haven't received a cordial invitation from the friendly folks at VWoA to stop by the dealer and have my original model HPFP swapped out for the newest and most "robust" version! But I sure hope that the NHTSA eventually forces them to do just that (and that my OEM lives...
  10. Z

Wow, Bigarniedog -- unless you're already working in the PR field, you truly missed your calling! :)
  11. Z

Following your lead, I was inspired by you guys to go the Times site and post my own diatribe (see #13). Not quite the same as getting the story on the front page, but at least the Wheels blog should attract a few more eyeballs from the general public than hardcore sites like TDIClub do. And...
  12. Z

I also have an MY'09, and being the glass-half-empty type, I picked up my calculator and discovered that 0.53% works out to a 1 in 189 chance, already worse than 1:200.... And I too wonder how high they will go as time goes by. Cheers! :(
  13. Z

Buying Extended Warranty for a Golf 2011 -is it Worth ?

Thank you for that succinct summation of my dilemma! So far, it's Four against Dodoma, but I just keep thinking that, with all the fancy computerized stuff packed into this car, sooner or later Murphy's Law will come into play. If any expensive component gets fried (yes, I suffer from HPFP...
  14. Z

"Drive Easy": What's the Good, the Bad and the Ugly?

Also, what would happen if Fidelity ceased to exist because of bankruptcy (or maybe a desire to set up shop in Mongolia)? I've read that, in that case, VWoA (or at least the originating VW dealer) would be obligated to honor the contract. Is that true? Does federal law stipulate such an...
  15. Z

Can you trust your dealer to honor warranty claims?

Can You Trust Your Dealer's Extended Warranty Plan? I'm trying to line up some decent coverage for my worrisome '09 Jetta before the factory warranty expires. So at the moment I'm one very frustrated online shopper, trying to make sense out of all the crap that's out there! As I understand...
  16. Z

Buying Extended Warranty for a Golf 2011 -is it Worth ?

Whaddaya Know about VW Extended Warranties? You say you're a dealer, but I'm guessing not a VW dealer. Am I correct? I'm not a dealer of any kind, just a TDI owner trying to line up some decent coverage for my vehicle when it's out of factory warranty. Which makes me one very frustrated...
  17. Z

"Drive Easy": What's the Good, the Bad and the Ugly?

Hello to all -- wasn't sure where to post this, but since I'm a relative newbie and I couldn't find any forum specifically devoted to the topic, TDI 101 it is! Let me preface my query by saying that I'm neither mechanically inclined nor educated, so DIY is not a good prescription for me and my...
  18. Z

Why is this forum always a bad news story?

Hear hear! Well said, and I second that emotion. I'm enjoying my machine and have nothing to lament. At the outset, it was pure, unadulterated joy. But now, thanks to this forum and my own proclivities, my pleasure is undercut by a bit of anxiety. My antennae are up, so to speak. And if a...
  19. Z

2009 TDI Owners - Please Report Your Experiences Here

-DSG Sedan with splash guards and lip spoiler -delivered 6/20/09 -paid $21,708, $2,860 below MSRP -9,393 miles (obviously not a daily driver) -no problems (knock on dashboard) -avg. mpg about 35, but actual city/hwy splits far removed from EPA estimates: between 40 and 50 for interstate/open...