Search results

1. jmodge

///// best way to haul plywood on the roof rack /////

You win doesn’t anyone believe in trailers
  2. jmodge

MT_T4R's 87 4Runner BHW Swap

I’ve got a complete BHW in the garage for that purpose. I’ve not got around to doing anything with it but the IP mount would have to go on it. Probably would change the accessory layout
  3. jmodge

About the same here
  4. jmodge

Yeah, I’m terrible, but I have to live with myself. so, what do you pay for diesel down there?
  5. jmodge

I also agree with Rick about tearing the engine down unless it’s necessary. Longevity is one of these motors greatest traits. You’ll have enough work and money invested without trying to match factory reliability with a rebuild.
  6. jmodge

Never below 32.5, never higher than 36.6, hand calculated with a multiplier derived from running GPS for over 1000 miles. 29,000 miles and those figures have held true. I’ll agree, it’s boasting, but it’s also a fact. It also is primarily a road truck but does see some occasional beatings
  7. jmodge

Ontario to Florida - Road trip stops?

When I brought my Tahoe home from Florida back in ‘09 I ran in a pack of 3-5 vehicles much of the way. We ran between 80 and 90 much of the way (except at night through the mountains of Tennessee, the truck on my a$$ probably wanted me to). Anyway, things went well until I noticed a car parked...
  8. jmodge

They’ll get you in Kentucky also
  9. jmodge

That’s classic
  10. jmodge

What did you do to your MKIV today?

If they do brake, much simpler to cut a flap or hole with a holesaw and tack new nuts in with a welder
  11. jmodge

I think I just reshaped one
  12. jmodge

I went through Atlanta once, I timed it for 3:30am. It was confusing enough with low traffic, Chicago times ten. I go through Alabama now
  13. jmodge

Monroe’s have a smaller diameter shaft in them also
  14. jmodge

The load is going to be distributed to whatever points of contact to the roof you have
  15. jmodge

I’ve found quickstruts to have inferior springs as compared to stock coils. Stock coils outlive a few strut changes generally, coils on quickstruts barely last the struts life
  16. jmodge

Are you replacing the main seal? You don’t have to remove the bolt to remove the accessory pulley. That bolt holds the timing belt cog to the crankshaft, no need to take it off for a timing belt
  17. jmodge

For comparisons sake, mostly 10-20f normally. -10 to 10 f for short stretches. Colder than -10 uncommon but not unheard of. We have three ALH’s on the road, only my Jetta has any type of issue starting subzero. It has one stuck glow plug not working that I’ve not bothered to get out. Not worth...
  18. jmodge

Went back to look, just what I said in a condensed form. If you want to try it and feel confident about, go ahead. It would be interesting how it affects the tune. If your only reason is cold starts, I would think making sure everything that affects that is in proper order. How cold of starts...
  19. jmodge

Changing cam timing moves the power band, advancing lowers it retarding raises it. Not really necessary or that noticeable unless you’re in competition
  20. jmodge

1.9l swap in sidekick auto trans wiring...

My 1990 700r4, gasser, originally was an electric TC lockup. It’s since been converted to hydraulic lockup