Search results

1. 81golfcaddy

2000 jetta TDI shudder at slow idle speed

could a coolant temp sensor cause this?
  2. 81golfcaddy

2000 jetta TDI shudder at slow idle speed

the engine runs perfect at all conditions except when you are stopping. car out of gear coming to a stop the engine will start to jerk somewhat almost like a misfire. you come to a complete stop and it goes away. at idle you can let the car come to a slow roll and it will start doing this again...
  3. 81golfcaddy

Corrado TDI hesitation

yes it is
  4. 81golfcaddy

01 jetta ALH swap to AHU

is this a straight forward swap or is it worth it. I have a 01 jetta that has a totaled engine but can get a AHU from a 98 jetta. if this will work what conflicts will I be running in to. I would think I would need to use my stock ecu since it has the immobilizer. but I believe the harness is...
  5. 81golfcaddy

engine bucking low rpm and throttle

sounds like something worth looking into. symptoms are the same here except it will fire up great even in the morning when cold. thank you for the info.
  6. 81golfcaddy

Corrado TDI hesitation

got this issue resolved. car does fine now. thank you for the great info.
  7. 81golfcaddy

cleaned the MAF no change. it looked real clean. you can hold it steady at 1500 rpm out of gear and it is smooth. it seems like the tps has a bad spot in it near 1/8 throttle. I am going to try and ohm it out with a analog meter and see if it has a clean sweep from closed to wide open
  8. 81golfcaddy

I posted this in the tdi 101 but got no chimes on it. this is a 91 corrado that has a 98 jetta tdi full swap. engine is running great getting 44 to 45 mpg. plenty of power also. I had the timing checked on the vag and it is good. no engine codes. at light throttle at 1500 to 1800 the car will...
  9. 81golfcaddy

TDIFest 2011, Where will it be?

south eastern USA. then I will be there
  10. 81golfcaddy

engine bucking low rpm and low throttle

the bucking has changed to a quick skip now. and it is still at the same light throttle and around 1500 rpm. say this as fast as you can and that is how it skips now (tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat ) that's funny. other than that the corrado is still doing great as our daily driver.
  11. 81golfcaddy

engine bucking low rpm and low throttle

91 corrado with TDI full swap from 98 TDI jetta. car runs perfect except around 1500 rpm and light throttle it will buck back and fourth. let of throttle or increase and it will go away. I did delete the EGR it is caped off at intake and exhaust. could deleting EGR have an effect on this other...
  12. 81golfcaddy

2000 Jetta TDI swap to 98

10/4 I will buy it. thank you so much
  13. 81golfcaddy

2000 Jetta TDI swap to 98

I found a low mileage engine from a 98 TDI Bug will this work in my 2000 TDI Jetta if so what will I need to change to make it happen. Thanks.
  14. 81golfcaddy

is this garbage? another Prothe site

the funny part is I Googled the name for reviews and the first one with info was tdiclub.com
  15. 81golfcaddy

is this garbage? another Prothe site

wagenparts.com/
  16. 81golfcaddy

broken valve

the block is fine. I just need a head with turbo and pistons. too many pieces of metal went through it. I am searching craigslist on a daily basis.
  17. 81golfcaddy

broken valve

well put and I will accept it. now the great news. it was done by a friend that works at the vw dealer. I have the tools and knowhow to perform this but I am working out of town and did not have the time. so I thought I better get this changed before it breaks because it had some visible cracks...
  18. 81golfcaddy

broken valve

the timing belt was not loose or out of time. I feel it was done correctly. it had all new parts and ran perfect. if the belt was still tight and was still in time how could the experience of the mechanic be at fault. can someone answer this. if the engine was out of time why would it pick only...
  19. 81golfcaddy

broken valve

had the timing belt replaced and drove the car over 10k with no issues at all. wife was on the way home and she said it just started knocking real bad and lost power then it locked up. the timing belt still looked good but when I pulled the head #1 piston had a big hole in it and the valve was...
  20. 81golfcaddy

HELLLPPP!!!! Doing nozzle swap and dropped Qtip into engine

try a piece of vacuum hose on the end of a vacuum.