Search results

1. W

anyone in the 905 deal with this guy?

thanks I'm still just trying to do some homework, and see if there is anyone out there that may have good/bad experiences. It was hard understaning him on the phone and I'm trying to figure out if it was on purpose or just an honest guy trying his best.
  2. W

anyone in the 905 deal with this guy?

His name is Votek and he is offering me a transmission for my early 99 jetta tdi + $1200 for a 96 passat tdi. I need the tranny and had the passat advertised for $1700 He didn't ask questions about the car etc... Sounded like a parts dealer to me when I was talking to him. Just wondering if...
  3. W

96-97 passat transmission fit into early 99 jetta

thanks I guess I will buy the passat and swap the tranny out. Looks like I will have another tdi engine and passat parts to get rid of soon.
  4. W

possible other cause? ok I looked it over again today with a friend that has a little more knowledge then I do and it doesn't look like the oil is coming out of the tranny. It looks like it all came out through the inspection plug for the flywheel and from the plate between the bell hosing and...
  5. W

96 jetta parts ontario

thanks anyone tell me how to delete the thread on here
  6. W

96 jetta parts--Muskoka

please help me delete. I have it posted it the right section now
  7. W

96 jetta parts--Muskoka

still a newbie so if this isn't allowed (since it is not a TDI )please delete it or let me know so I can get rid of it. Again It is not a tdi it is a 2.0 l gas but have the full car minus the rad and didn't know what parts might be able to transfer over. let me know what you need and what you...
  8. W

96 jetta parts ontario

still a newbie so if this isn't allowed (since it is not a TDI )please delete it or let me know so I can get rid of it. Again It is not a tdi it is a 2.0 l gas but have the full car minus the rad and didn't know what parts might be able to transfer over. let me know what you need and what...
  9. W

96 jetta parts ontario

still a newbie so if this isn't allowed (since it is not a TDI )please delete it or let me know so I can get rid of it. Again It is not a tdi it is a 2.0 l gas but have the full car minus the rad and didn't know what parts might be able to transfer over. let me know what you need and what...
  10. W

i think i just blew my transmission last night. I was driving home and there was a loud bang and the smell of gear oil and a trail of oil behind me. I was only about 2 kms from home and made it no problem as all the gears still seemed to work ok and it will still move around the yard fine but...
  11. W

hard start when warm

As I said I am completely new at this tdi stuff. I am trying to learn by reading as many posts as possible. I have no idea if this makes sense but I got it from reading some other posts. I think when you advance the timing using the vag com it is called dynamic timing and doing it...
  12. W

hard start when warm

Sorry but I'm not sure what program he was using but it did say vagcom. He had a problem with the computer and it wouldn't graph it, only showed the numbers on it in different boxes that it was advanced I tried it this morning when it was cold (approx -15 degrees C) and it seemed to start...
  13. W

hard start when warm

just tried it again and it is definitley harder to start, and it smokes a lot until it gets warmed up before it would only smoke a little on start up if it I missed hitting the gas pedal at the right time. I will try it in the morning when it is cold and see what happens. is it possible/...
  14. W

hard start when warm

still no good I checked the timing today (thanks Chaloux) and it says that the timing was advanced by 4.2 and the injector quantity is at 3.4-3.6. We advanced the timing using the vagcom to 5.0. I just tried it after letting it sit for a few hours and cooling down (air temp and probably engine...
  15. W

hard start when warm

Thanks Slam I wondered about the same thing. if I hit the gas pedal just as I start turning it over it goes no problem but if I miss hitting it at the right time it is still hard to start. I tried turning the key on and hoping the fuelpressure would build up and help but it doesn't seem to.
  16. W

hard start when warm

Yes it does stop flashing when it hits around 2500 rpm. ( never noticed it before, but it's not usually reving that high except maybe when acceleating hard ) I hope to have the timing checked out this weekend. any idea what it should be at? I've looked at a couple posts and they seem to...
  17. W

hard start when warm

thanks for the input so far. I will take it and get the timing checked on it. As for the oil light..yes it is still flashing. I was told it was probably the top sensor (Low pressure sensor??) I changed it and it didn't solve the problem so I changed the bottom sensor to be sure it wasn't...
  18. W

hard start when warm

I have had the collant temp sensor changed and it didn't change anything. could the timing be off if it runs good at all other times? I don't have a vag com but a member on here that doesn't live to far away from me has offered to use his. I am unsure on the tuning part of it. I only...
  19. W

hard start when warm

hi everyone Obviously a new guy here and I have searched the forums for about a month trying to find an answer before posting but now I need some help. I just bought a 99 jetta (old style) and it is really hard to start when it is warm. No problems at all when it is cold (-25 to -30) or when...
  20. W

Ontario TDi owners listing

01) Jetta_Pilot / Toronto / None yet / Y 02) PharoahTDI / Alliston / General / Y 03) kayakkermit / Woodstock / General / Y 04) Kasper / Belleville / general / Y / bentley 05) decan / Toronto / none yet / N / N 06) BlueKnight / Waterloo / General / Y / bentley 07) Vik F / Bolton (GTA) / many / N...