Search results

1. W

Springs/suspension question

My Golf TDI Suspension Solution I had a Neuspeed 25 mm sway bar installed on our 2010 Golf TDI. The turn-in became quicker and the steering more responsive. The bar was set to the softest setting. We noticed that, only when the rear was loaded with heavy luggage, the car did behave a little...
  2. W

low fuel levels in tank

Low Fuel on TDI On our 2009 Jetta TDI I had a fuel starvation condition twice. Common conditions were having less than 1/4 tank of fuel and low rear end due to passengers in back seat and the other time several hundreds pounds of cargo in the trunk. The glow plug coil shaped light came on...
  3. W

Sway Bar Diameters MK VI?

So far I have learned on the Vortex board that the 2010 GTI has a sway bar diameter of 22 mm (rear). Nothing yet on the front. I want to know if it is worth it to switch to 2010 GTI bars as some are available as take-offs.
  4. W

Will someone with a stock 2010 GTI please measure the diameters of the sway bars. I want to know how they compare to the 2010 Golf TDI. I suspect they are the same. Thanks.
  5. W

I have measured the sway bar diameters for our 2010 Golf TDI. Front is 23mm and rear is 21mm. What are the sway bar diameters of the 2010 GTI? I am amazed that this information is not published somewhere.
  6. W

Rear window spray deflector

Rear flaps a solution? In the same vein, has anyone installed rear mud flaps on a Golf and seen a reduction in dirt accumulation on the rear window?
  7. W

Best place to mount a portable GPS

Well I went ahead and used the 12 volt to 5 volt power adapter plug that came with the GPS unit. What I did was cut off the long nose of the adapter (threw away the fuse) and exposed the two wires, one for ground and the other for +12 Volts. I then soldered the 12 Volt wire to the Red wire on a...
  8. W

2009 Jetta Sportwagen TDI - won't start

As I have mentioned before, keep your fuel tank above quarter tank. We had two experiences with no starts when the tank was at or below 1/4 tank.
  9. W

USB 5 Volt Supply Aboard?

Solved my GPS power problem Well I went ahead and used the 12 volt to 5 volt power adapter plug that came with the GPS unit. What I did was cut off the long nose of the adapter (threw away the fuse) and exposed the two wires, one for ground and the other for +12 Volts. I then soldered the 12...
  10. W

USB 5 Volt Supply Aboard?

Where is the 5 Volt USB power supply located on the MKVI? There must be one onboard for powering the iPod and iPhone. I am trying to add a 5 Volt supply off a fuse tap to power a USB line for our GPS unit. I do not like the bulk of going from the 12 Volt lighter connector to an adapter to...
  11. W

2010 SW - Horn doesn't beep when I lock the car

Again folks, the horn beep is to confirm that all the doors are closed and locked. How else would you be certain that the rear hatch is firmly closed? The hatch sort of falls down but really needs to be slamed everytime. I always push in the V/W latch and use it as a push-down handle as I...
  12. W

I had that problem once. Also, the rear wiper will not work if the hatch is not properly latched.
  13. W

Rear Hatch Closed? Is your rear hatch closed or other door still not firmly closed. What shows on your MFD?
  14. W

Unlatched rear hatch on 2010 Golf TDI

I just went through an experience related to the rear hatch. I was being shown the top view image of the car on the MFD. It clearly shows when doors are ajar as you can see an image of the door with the problem. I did not see a door open. My wife had stated that when locking the doors with...
  15. W

New Golf TDI, Wow!

Fogs are standard on 2010 Golf TDI Yes, The fogs are standard as were the rear side airrbags. Other items such as Bluetooth and heated seats are apparently on every Golf TDI being delivered but listed as an installed option.
  16. W

New Golf TDI, Wow!

Photo of our new Golf TDI This is our new 2010 Golf TDI that we purchased from Carrera Motors in Bend Oregon. It is a 4 door with DSG and roof.
  17. W

New Golf TDI, Wow!

Carrera Rocks Carrera was the only dealer with a DSG Golf TDI last weekend. They also sell at MSRP - no added markup like dealers in the Portland area. Also they keep their web page up to date. They have an amazing selection of German vehicles. Check them out the next time you are in Bend...
  18. W

New Golf TDI, Wow!

Carrera Motors has it all. Yes, Carrera Motors has a wide selection of German built cars. I was told they hold there own Octoberfest celebration on site. We will be there next year!
  19. W

New Golf TDI, Wow!

We just got in from Carrera Motors of Bend Oregon. We are now driving our new 2010 Golf TDI, DSG, 4door, black. Great car dealership. We paid MSRP but took a hit on our 2007 EOS trade. We now have two TDI. Bye bye smelly gasoline. On the long trip home, to the Portland area, we averaged...