Search results

1. 1

Update on bought back cars fate?

My car is still sitting in storage. 2010 Golf with 63,000 miles.
  2. 1

Who got the payment from BOSCH?

My buyback was the first week of February and the Bosch check was in today's mail.
  3. 1

'fess up - who got emotional handing back keys

Kept my engine cover too! I gave my TDI a pat on the roof and wished it the best while thinking that it was probably headed to the crusher.
  4. 1

Buyback scheduled, car runs fine, but multiple dash lights on

I had multiple lights on at buyback with no issues. Check engine, ABS, ESP, Airbag, and TPS.
  5. 1

Should I Do the 80k Tran Svce?

My car had close to 63,000 miles at buyback and I never did the transmission service. No issues being 23,000 miles over the service interval.
  6. 1

RIP: [warning: crushed car pics]

My Chevy SS included a $1,000 gas guzzler tax, but it's not my daily driver. My extremely thirsty 2008 VW Touareg 4.2L now fills the daily driver void that my TDI left. Thanks VW!
  7. 1

Trading in your VW TDI? What will be your next car

2017 Holden Commodore SSV Chevrolet SS. Chevy LS3, Magneride, 6 speed Tremec, wrapped in a sleeper package. A car so American, it had to be made in Australia. . The morning after it was delivered to the dealer...
  8. 1

How Long to Wait for Fuel Filter

I had my fuel filter changed as part of the factory included maintenance, but blew off changing it and the transmission service after Dieselgate began. Car had 62,000 miles at buyback.
  9. 1

"NEW" 2015 JSW for sale today @ VW Dublin, CA

They're gauging demand. If it's not there, then the discounts will come.
  10. 1

TDI withdrawal symptoms :(

My check engine light came on after Dieselgate started. I needed to replace a glow plug because the sensor was bad. Never did. About 3 months before my buyback, my ESP, Airbag, and ABS lights came on. My headliner was drooping and 2 days before buyback, the radio died, but miraculously came...
  11. 1

I can relate. I bought my TDI when I drove a lot with a previous job. It kept the miles off my Touareg which has now become my daily driver. When Dieselgate hit, I decided to wait on the DSG transmission service and completely blew it off when they announced buybacks. I kept my oil topped...
  12. 1

I miss two things about my TDI, the great fuel economy and parking it wherever I wanted because I wasn't worried about door dings and scratches because of the buyback. About 5 weeks after my buyback, I took delivery of the Chevy SS I ordered last October and the timing couldn't have been better...
  13. 1

How much gas in tank at buy back time?

Light was on and I had about 1/16th on the gauge.
  14. 1

WSJ's take on the situation

Same article, but not behind a paywall: http://news.morningstar.com/all/dow-jones/us-markets/201702229764/volkswagen-buybacks-fill-showrooms-trick-is-getting-owners-to-stay-2nd-update.aspx
  15. 1

Cruze vs TDI

The Cruz is an import from Canada. :D
  16. 1

Will TDI With DPF Regen Light Ruin Buy Back?

Yep. Mine had check engine, ESP, Antilock Brakes, and Airbag lit up. No problem at all at buyback.
  17. 1

Should I wait until April?

I waited for February to turn mine in because of the milage brackets. So yes, wait until April and get the additional money.
  18. 1

Today's buyback went easier than most Craigslist deals

I felt bad when I dropped mine off because I don't think they're going to have a fix for the first generation engines which means mine will be stripped and crushed like so many others will.