Search results

1. B

2005 B5.5 Passat Wagon TDI 5 Speed FHN - For Sale, Needs work.

Wow I didnt think I would see this car again. Im the Canadian owner who took it to Kansas City for the 5 speed conversion! The car is worth more than asking price in parts. If I could figure out how to get it back I probably would consider buying it.
  2. B

B5.5 Passat TDI Cluster - 0km

Bought in 2013 from Jetta, 97 who programmed it. I sold my Passat and never ended up using it. It was reprogrammed to 0km. It can be used in the U.S. Just need to swap out the face plate and the VCDS can run in miles. Paid $175 back in the day. Asking $100USD. Shipping would either be from MN...
  3. B

2005 VW Passat B5.5V MANUAL trans - MB

UPDATE: I think it's safe to say the car is SOLD! Deposit has been made and buyer will be booking flights soon. I'll keep you guys posted on the import process for those interested.
  4. B

UPDATE: I finally was able to reach the customs here in Pembina, ND. Evidently the new buyer can import the car into the U.S. and will not have to go through a registered importer because the letter of conformance specifies the Passat passes FMVSS and EPA in all states but California. It is...
  5. B

If I export the car as the end user the letter of conformance is all that is required. I'm wondering if the individual that exported the Golf moved south WITH the vehicle? That bypasses the issues with an owner from the U.S. exporting the car under form 3 for resale. There's so many departments...
  6. B

Update: Letter of conformance was easy to get. If I was moving to the U.S. the car is ready for export BUT because the car is being exported for the purpose of selling I think there's another step required. The Passau passed all FMVSS except cluster but it will be compliant with a sticker saying...
  7. B

Hi. Thanks for the interest. It's tentatively sold and I'm working through the paperwork to export the car at the moment. I'm not sure what the export costs will be until I can contact a registered importer (RI) but I don't anticipate it costing a ton.
  8. B

Car is still for sale. I have the U.S. EPA letter of conformance and am working on getting the letter from VW for for compliance.
  9. B

NEW PRICE BUMP!!! $7000CDN OR $6000USD! I now work close to home so the TDI needs more highway miles from another owner who will love her.
  10. B

Bump up for interest!
  11. B

Clutch options for the b5.5

I have about 20K miles on my Clutchmasters FX25 and Whitbread 32lb flywheel. Engagement is still a bit choppy when going into 1st. I've learned to just live with it. The car has VERY smooth engagement otherwise. Mine chatters just a bit on idle with the clutch out but it's got much quieter over...
  12. B

OK after doing some very brief research unless going through a registered importer (and depending on state) it could be a very long process...which is why I'm assuming U.S. buyers wouldn't want to go through. https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=401075 There is no U.S. compliant...
  13. B

Hi MaroonB4...I'm looking into the importing of this car into the U.S. right now. It's identical to the U.S. versions and I thought there was an EPA compliant sticker on it but I can't find it...I'll let you know what I find out.
  14. B

Price drop to $6500USD. Any feedback guys? Is it the northern climate? Importing from Canada that's scaring potential buyers?
  15. B

My Passat cost to own from day 1...

I'll sell you my already converted on really reasonable! :)
  16. B

Price drop to $7000USD!
  17. B

Price drop to $7500...BUMP!
  18. B

The "What did you do to your B5 passat today" thread...

What does the komfort module do?