Search results

1. S

CR engine HPFP analysis

What is the root cause for the cracking? My truck is pre-dpf so the only experience I had was on the 2011 golf I had. It sounds like the CR TDI has become a greater headache in stock form than it used to be.
  2. S

CR engine HPFP analysis

Seriously??? so no need to ever clean a dpf... edit: Ah, I get it, yeah they would crack and leak cause they are not flowing enough and overheating... 50k is still 50k, its all I put on it before it got parked... back then the concern was it would take out the dpf which clearly it did...
  3. S

CR engine HPFP analysis

Here's the thread... should contain how much 2SO I used... http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=393746
  4. S

CR engine HPFP analysis

add some 2 stroke oil (or favorite lube of choice) to the fuel... or convert to the cp3, kits are out there. I ran something like 40~45k with 2 stroke & all emissions in place and saw nothing alarming with the dpf (had a thread on it with what I was seeing)
  5. S

Power Improvements on ALH w/ Malone Stage 3

thanks... I tune my CR truck, yeah it is awesome. I use the post event to spool the turbo, works awesome... drops off after about 1500 rpms.
  6. S

Power Improvements on ALH w/ Malone Stage 3

What parameters are tune-able on these motors?
  7. S

2 stroke oil in your diesel = smiles?

Twc3 2 stroke oil is proven and widely available, at a 200:1 ratio it was fine in my dpf equipped golf over 45 k miles, ash levels acording to vcds were trending lower
  8. S

I have done a lot of tuning on the ram and based on all of the cause and effect observed, I can say that power service will change the ignition delay which is why some report a mpg increase with it. I have seen pics of cylinders & the head from someone (in a cumminsforum thread) where they tore...
  9. S

maybe its a good time to post this link to a study done... I'm sure this has been posted here before. http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/76-speciality-forums/64-maintenance-fluids/177728-lubricity-additive-study-results.html
  10. S

Never had an issue in the 2011 golf i had...45 k miles and vcds indicated dpf ash levels trending lower
  11. S

CR140 Stage 3

I had the ECS insert, sure there is vibration when you 1st put it in but over about 5k miles it gets better, way better. It is worth it, get it, install it and stick with it.
  12. S

Clean Diesel DPF Data Collection Thread

why not clean the DPF instead of replace...there is a company in WA that does them.
  13. S

2 stroke oil & dpf data

Car got parked when i went to minn for work, sold it while i was out there , new owner did not keep up with it so no updates.
  14. S

I recommend using VCDS to monitor your ash level. I also did this with the wifes '09 jetta and it also was fine. I stopped when I left to work a contract out in MN, she was not committed to keeping up with it.
  15. S

I ran 35000 miles with twc3 oil @ a 200:1 ratio and saw ash levels trending loser over that time based on where they were when i started. Zero fuel system problems and zero exhaust system problems.
  16. S

Turbo Resonance Dampener Removal

I would do it again in a heartbeat... a lot of guys only look for peak gain and forget about the rest of the rpm range. If the motor lives at the peak of its power then by all means keep the tunnel vision, if your like rest of us and look for improvements across the rpm range then all the...
  17. S

Turbo Resonance Dampener Removal

I noticed a faster spoolup with stock programming... with that said you may not be able to tell the farther you go in performance mods.
  18. S

Just installed 54-81711 - AFE Intake Systems Stage-2 Si Pro 5R on 2012 MK6 TDI JETTA

We have different definitions of what "the herd" is... Def not what a herd member would do...
  19. S

Just installed 54-81711 - AFE Intake Systems Stage-2 Si Pro 5R on 2012 MK6 TDI JETTA

So your done modding? :D Clearly your not part of the herd... I have the stock box on my ram, also have an AFE stage 2 kit for it. Not running it for mpg reasons, it does provide a hellova boost in bottom end spoolup. I took the stock box and added a 7" butterfly vent to the bottom to dial...
  20. S

Had to smog it...since there is no carb eo# for it i had to go back to stock. Car sat after that for a few months and ultimately sold it. Currently working out in MN and have my truck with me so it was hard to justify keeping it. I drove it for over a year on the stock tune with the afe...