Search results

1. D

Oil Leak Around the EGR (??)

Yup. I did watch a video on the process. It does look moderately involved. In that video, he apparently only needed to replace the leaky gasket between the egr and regulator. By while at it… cleaned out the build up inside the valves. I guess I’ll just have to see, but sounds what you’re...
  2. D

Ok. So it's likely that when I finally get to pull this out... I may find that the leak isn't simply from the mating of the EGR valve assembly with the manifold... or the Exhaust Back Pressure Regulator (I've heard others call this "anti-shudder valve") assembly, which in either case would just...
  3. D

Not that bad from the view up top. But below, it's quite a wet and drippy. It's ran down to the oil pan below. Will check again this weekend and see if it's theres a good amount of oil on the belly shield. But thanks for the feedback. Glad to know what the problem is.
  4. D

I've noticed a leak near/below my EGR. From what I can tell, it's coming from that seam highlighted in red. Ignore the black arrows as I lifted this image from the web for illustration. I haven't taken anything apart to really inspect, but I wanted to ask around what this leak could be or may...
  5. D

NOx code issues

Ok. Thanks for the reminder. I forgot in the Long Adaptation for NOx Regen (Ch 18), it shows the NOx load. I've only driven that car from the Audi (about 13miles) since I they got the P1A58 code to clear. And as of right now NOx Load is at 4.56g. Am I correct to assume this is the value I...
  6. D

P1a58/006744

Update: Just got my car back from Audi. After several (5 times) failed attempts to regen and fix the P1A58 code. On the fifth try, the check engine light came on - P13D4 and P13D6. They couldn't tell how this was related to the P1A58 (NOx regen required), but replaced Cylinder 3 glow plug and...
  7. D

'13 JSW TDI, P1A58 code and DPF light on

Update: Just got my car back from Audi. After several (5 times) failed attempts to regen and fix the P1A58 code. On the fifth try, the check engine light came on - P13D4 and P13D6. They couldn't tell how this was related to the P1A58 (NOx regen required), but replaced Cylinder 3 glow plug and...
  8. D

NOx Requires Regen DTC. Cant get it to clear

9. D

NOx code issues

10. D

DPF Light and pulled a NOx Fault - Need Advice ASAP

Good to know! Update: Just got my car back from Audi. After several (5 times) failed attempts to regen and fix the P1A58 code. On the fifth try, the check engine light came on - P13D4 and P13D6. They couldn't tell how this was related to the P1A58 (NOx regen required), but replaced Cylinder...
  11. D

I will check in at the Ross-Tech forum to see if anyone has any good idea for how to check "soot levels"... because even if I resort to the "Friday sport mode" thing... I'd still like to know if that's enough to stay ahead of things.
  12. D

NOx code issues

Ugh. See thats what I'm afraid of. I've 3000 miles left on the warranty. And this time around those guys probably put on 200miles just trying to regen it. I'm really considering selling it as soon as I get it gets fixed this time around. Keep me posted on what you end up doing.
  13. D

NOx code issues

Are you saying then that you have the P1A58 NOx code on right now?
  14. D

I DIDN'T KNOW! But now I do.
  15. D

Yes... since learning all this... what you said was exactly what I think I need to do. But I'm concerned that may not be enough. I've only got 3000 miles left on the warranty and there's just a mix of opinions out there as to whether or not these emission issues wont just keep coming back to...
  16. D

NOx code issues

I didnt ask specifics... but if diesel emissions in CO are like anything like gas emissions test... its more than "visual." At the gas emission testing stations (where I can see the process)... the car is hooked up to all sorts of probes, including in the tailpipe, obd, etc. But at the diesel...
  17. D

'13 JSW TDI, P1A58 code and DPF light on

Update: My car is still at Audi. Latest from Audi is: They have failed to resolve the P1A58 code with 2 regen attempts. Audi HQ advised them to do it a 3rd time in which it has failed again. I'm told the issue has been "escalated at Audi HQ" as to what the tech should do at this point...
  18. D

NOx code issues

I guess DPF Delete is not an option in "emissions states" like CO. I called my local diesel shop where I get my emissions test every 2 years, and he confirms it. It will not pass. Update: My car is still at Audi. Latest from Audi is: They have failed to resolve the P1A58 code with 2 regen...
  19. D

Update: My car is still at Audi. Latest from Audi is: They have failed to resolve the P1A58 code with 2 regen attempts. Audi HQ advised them to do it a 3rd time in which it has failed again. I'm told the issue has been "escalated at Audi HQ" as to what the tech should do at this point...
  20. D