Search results

1. SyncroHead

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

This question is 6 years old now. Hoping for a refresh of local Lubbock knowledge. Anyone know a good TDI-experienced mechanic in Lubbock, TX yet?
  2. SyncroHead

Mk7 Common issues and resolutions

Thank you for helping. On a couple cars I have that sit for long periods, I keep them trickle-charged with BatteryMINDer chargers that tout their desulfator capabilities. You think that the battery sulfation issue could cause a car that's driving along fine, with overall voltage controlled by...
  3. SyncroHead

2015 GSW with 6-sp DSG and push-button start: Spontaneously Dies Thanks for engaging LightFlyer. Issue: 2015 GSW with 6-sp DSG and push-button start: Spontaneously Dies Q: Do you know if the battery was replaced? A: The battery was NOT originally replaced and was nearly 2 years old when we...
  4. SyncroHead

2015 GSW TDI Spontaneously stalls (dies) while driving

My 2015 GSW with 6-sp DSG transmission and push-button start was "new" in 2017 when we bought it from the dealer after having part 1 of the settlement modifications complete. Still under original warranty. Car has about 18K miles on it. The car has spontaneously died while driving 5 times in...
  5. SyncroHead

2015 GSW with 6-sp DSG and push-button start: Spontaneously Dies My 2015 GSW with DSG transmission and push-button start was "new" in 2017 when we bought it from the dealer after having part 1 of the settlement modifications complete. Still under original warranty. Car has about 18K miles on...
  6. SyncroHead

HELP! Dealer put non-505.01 oil into my '04 PD TDI

After contacting VW customer care, I was originally told the oil used was proper for my car. The deeper I dug, the more clueless they seemed. Eventually, after about 3 weeks and numerous phone calls and emails (what a paranoid group!) they finally said that the dealer has oil for my car and that...
  7. SyncroHead

HELP! Dealer put non-505.01 oil into my '04 PD TDI

But yet the topic is evergreen... Took my 2004 New Beetle to the dealer the other day for an oil change and now working with VWoA regional rep to determine suitability of the oil they used. Ok, ok, I'm kicking myself too. Kick me again if you must - I suppose I deserve it. I...
  8. SyncroHead

New Beetle Driver's Door Grab Handle Broken

Three choices (and prices) of fix kits here: http://www.dieselgeek.com/Broken_New_Beetle_Door_Handle_Fix_s/1883.htm Beetlebrace $29 ea or two for $49 “Like” Handle $79 ea “Love” Handle $139 or a pair for $249 (I don’t love the bug nearly this much) Jim
  9. SyncroHead

Help me pick a clutch!

Car: 2004 New Beetle TDI, 96K miles. Original clutch & DMF. Stock everything. I picked up the car a day or so after my clutch replacement on 10-24 and wanted to report findings. The LUK 17-050 works very nicely in this application. Very smooth engagement, no noise, light clutch feel, nothing...
  10. SyncroHead

Help me pick a clutch!

Car: 2004 New Beetle TDI, 96K miles. Original clutch & DMF. Stock everything. New to me, purchased just a few days ago with hard shifting, suspecting the clutch or DMF failure. Mindset: Drive directly to the shop, by the shortest route! I felt very relived to get it into the shop late before it...
  11. SyncroHead

How Are The DSG Trannies Working Out?

Joep, How many miles were on the '04 when the DSG Mechatronic was bad? Jim
  12. SyncroHead

From what I understand, the dual, coaxial clutches are not much like a typical clutch, but pretty specialized units. At lease in this generation of DSGs, they operate in a fluid environment, not air like a traditional manual. I think it's this difference that requires the oh-so-special DSG...
  13. SyncroHead

Thanks for the correction! I thought I'd read that 2004 Beetles had the DSG, but must be mistaken. I'll need to refocus to considering 2005-2006 New Beetles, knowing the 2004 were in the earlier transmission type. So... long-term experience with 2005-2006 DSGs? Jim
  14. SyncroHead

Any long-term updates on the reliability of the early DSG transmissions? I'm considering purchase of a 2004 - 2005-ish New Beetle for my daughter who's definitely opposed to manual transmission. I've heard the horror stories about the earlier auto transmissions in MK4's but know the DSG is...