Search results

1. S

Another, "Need Your Advice" thread

Thanks for the recommendation to speak with Mike Hevster. A great guy for sure. Spent a lot of his time walking me through everything. Thanks, Mike!
  2. S

Also wondering if this post is in the correct area. I don't see a section specifically for the 2010 Jetta sedan tdi.
  3. S

2010, Jetta tdi Sedan We have been running the car far too long with a code (CEL) related to the exhaust valve. I understand that the valve has remained in the open position. My wife was running up the NJ Turnpike yesterday morning and the glow plug light started blinking. This was followed by...
  4. S

Exhaust Valve stuck open

Thank you, Don. I'm hoping to get a recommendation for a decent service manual (Haynes maybe) for this vehicle as I'm not sure where to locate the part.
  5. S

MkVI DIY/FAQ - Start here

Is there such a thing as a decent service manual for the 2010 model year? I'm beginning to get killed on repair bills...all related to the EGR and other emission stuff. I've got to find a way to start doing some of this work myself. I'm so darn frustrated at this point you can't imagine...
  6. S

Exhaust pressure control valve stuck!!!

Don't mean to hijack but is the valve between the exhaust manifold and the cat, or is it after the cat? Thanks.
  7. S

Exhaust Valve stuck open

With my "discount" I was just quoted $590, without tax.
  8. S

Transmission replacement

Sorry...auto.
  9. S

Transmission replacement

A guy at work has a line on a '92 Jetta diesel. The car needs a new tranny. Any rough guesses as to what it might cost for the work? Thanks.
  10. S

How to block your front grill with pipe insulation

Is this mod an alternative to the more pricey block heaters? I can't seem to find a block heater for my 2010.
  11. S

My wife's first complaint

Isn't the compressor on by virtue of the defroster being on? You can't have the A/C on and the defroster on at the same time, can you?
  12. S

My wife's first complaint

We've had the car now for a couple of weeks and I'm happy to say she really loves the new ride, except... It's starting to get cold in the mornings and I've told her she "can't" let the car idle before leaving for work. That's not going over too well. She called me at work today to tell me...
  13. S

Engine/auto classification

Actually, all of the medium and heavy duty diesels that I work with have no glow plugs. Intake air passes over a grid heater prior to entering the cylinder. IMHO, a much better design than glow plugs.
  14. S

Tornado....unfortunately, this was the worst buying experiences I've had with a new car. There's still still a lot I need to learn and the warranty structure is one of them. Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into this a bit further. I was told that the 2010 has no glow plugs. Is that true...
  15. S

I'm a Ford Powerstroke guy. This stuff is giving me a headache.
  16. S

Do I understand correctly...507 spec until the warranty expires at 36K or 3 years, then I can go to a 505.1 spec. And is there a thread somewhere that illustrates what manufacturers meet the two different specs?
  17. S

What does "CBEA" stand for?
  18. S

I just picked up our 2010 Jetta TDI. I've been reading the Forum for over a week now and I'm feeling a bit embarrassed. It seems different years and models have different number/letter classifications. A3, A4, A5, A this, MK that; I'm confused. How is the 2010 classified and what is the...