Search results

1. kscantrell

HELP!! Lower control arm front bushing not popped loose...

All, I fear I'm screwed🥺. Jetta MKIV 2000 TDI... Changing the bushings for my lower control arms... Having placed the arm work new bushings place, I was trying to get the bolt for the front bushing in and start threading. I couldn't get it to thread no matter how I pushed or pulled the arm...
  2. kscantrell

Frantz bypass oil filter

Where and how did you connect the oil inlet for the filter? I’ve considered using a second banjo bolt where the oil line connects to the oil pump.
  3. kscantrell

Fuel problem, need suggestions / recommendations...

Thanks Lightflyer, I saw that after Jettawreck's post. I'm going to be checking this out but I still have the question of how this would affect the flow of oil. I can see this causing limp mode etc... but do not see / understand how this would affect the IP and fuel flow. As mentioned near the...
  4. kscantrell

There were two codes that have been present for some time. One is for the 'P0380 Glow plug/heater circuit A" and the other was P3130 which the ODB AutoDoctor software did not recognize. No other codes present. Next time it will not fire, I've got a clip ready for the task... I'll check this...
  5. kscantrell

I thought I did... Apologies if this is not enough info. Let me know if you need to know more.
  6. kscantrell

Thanks BYM, I will try this next time it does not start which I've no doubt will occur. I'll be trying again tonight as well as tomorrow AM. Am I correct in presuming that I should NOT leave this alligator clip connected? Is this just for the purpose of testing? If this works, what does it mean?
  7. kscantrell

Ok, so now I'm really confused... So I have done nothing different and today the car fires. I tried cranking twice and it fired each time. This happened to me before as well and I did not think to consider this... When this problem originally occurred (two Fridays ago 5:30 AM) while leaving...
  8. kscantrell

Now I'm confused... Fuel problem, need suggestions / recommendations...

Good point... I'll post this in the original...
  9. kscantrell

Now I'm confused... Fuel problem, need suggestions / recommendations...

This is a continuation of my original thread http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=479383 So I have done nothing different and today the car fires. I tried cranking twice and it fired each time. This happened to me before as well and I did not think to consider this... When this problem...
  10. kscantrell

Vacujum yields "0" air bubbles and fuel is pulled easily without any increase in vacuum pressure :-( Is there anything I can do to test the IP?
  11. kscantrell

Hello all, I have a 2000 New Beetle that will turn over but will not crank and I'm getting really concerned. I believe the problem is fuel / injection; pump related but I do not know for sure. I've changed the fuel filter but still no crank. I've loosened the injector nuts one by one and turned...
  12. kscantrell

Shudder, start, die, repeat...

It lives!!!! Priming the IP was the final answer!!! Thanks all!!
  13. kscantrell

Which is better, replace or rebuild the fuel pump...

Thank you Bob, I've got a mighty-vac (?) but will need to get some hose and barbs to fit/transition between the smaller nipple on the vac and accompanying liquid reservoir and larger barb of the IP. I'll pic up from Lowes tonight. Thanks again!!!
  14. kscantrell

Still have no fuel but given what I've learned from this and my other thread, here's what I think has happened. Hopefully someone can give good news or "how-to" for me to fix it... When I replaced the Fuel filter, draining the old one yielded little fuel (practically empty). Had to get...
  15. kscantrell

Still have no fuel but given what I've learned from the thread, here's what I think has happened. Hopefully someone can give good news or "how-to" for me to fix it... When I replaced the Fuel filter, draining the old one yielded little fuel (practically empty). Had to get additional fuel...
  16. kscantrell

It's there a faster easier way to prime the IP besides cranking the motor? Found I have air in the IP, loosened the nuts on injectors... Momentarily had fuel squirting but now just air bubbles...
  17. kscantrell

Turning the car over.... I see bubbles around the injectors... Is there an easier/faster way to prime the IP?
  18. kscantrell

Sorry, you are correct. IP, not FP...
  19. kscantrell

For what it's worth, any other suggestions on a faster way to get the air out of the IP? So, I'm confident the problem is as you guys have said... air in the IP. After cracking the the injecter nuts and cranking (10 sec at a time :) ) fuel was jetting out. Re-tightened the nuts and no dice...
  20. kscantrell

That's promising!! I'm at least feeling better.