Search results

1. J

Sportwagon for wife the way to go?

We picked up our 2013 JSW with DSG (no pano/nav) a few weeks ago. Only one tank of diesel through it so far, but we love it. We had a 2010 JSW with 6-spd manual for a couple of years but decided to trade-in for a DSG. My wife and I both like driving a manual, but we currently do a lot of city...
  2. J

Exhaust Flap TSB

I got my letter today, too. My MIL has been intermittent as described in the TSB. For a while I thought that it was temperature dependent, but that seemed to change recently. I called about the part price when it first happened and was quoted about $400, I think. I decided to wait and am now...
  3. J

Exhaust Flap - Weak Link in Emissions System?

I got my letter in the mail today. I guess I should feel more confident now that the dealer can't claim they don't know what I'm talking about when I take it in. Though, I admit that I've generally been pretty lucky regarding other issues.
  4. J

2013 Jetta Sportswagen TDI DSG

I used to think this was true, so I jumped on a used CPO that I thought was a good deal . However, I've seen 1.9% for 66 months on TDI at my dealer several times since Dec 2011 (including very recently, if not right now). I didn't save nearly as much as you. I also found the original MSRP of...
  5. J

2013 Jetta Sportswagen TDI DSG

That is one of the reasons I love my JSW. :-)
  6. J

Today marks one year

I loved both of these features the first time that I happened upon them by accident. I also like that if you set the wipers to low speed while driving they will slow to intermittent when stopped at a light. At least in my driving situations this has been nice. I can understand not liking this...
  7. J

What's the deal with these cars?

My driving situation isn't exactly ideal for getting the best mileage out of a TDI either, but that's true of any internal combustion engine. We got a JSW because (1) we wanted our next car to be a wagon, (2) I've always wanted a TDI, and (3) it was cheaper than a Subaru Outback (which would...
  8. J

Update: CEL was not on the following day, but returned this morning while I was out driving around town. After running several errands and sitting in the garage for a few hours, I plugged in my scan tool and P047F was still the only code stored; the CEL wasn't currently on, though. I cleared the...
  9. J

On my drive to work this morning, my CEL came on and threw a P047F code at the local AutoZone. Roughly 60,650 miles on the odometer (just had it in last week for the 60K service with no surprises). After finding this thread, I called my two nearest dealers to find out how much they were...
  10. J

45.7mpgs

Certainly wouldn't push you back in the seat like that turbo.
  11. J

45.7mpgs

I got 46.1 mpg on a tank that covered most of my trip to and from TDI Fest. I gave in an filled up at 624 miles (definitely could have made it to the next oasis, which would have made the tank over 650 miles). That was my best so far, just me in the car, A/C most of the time. I probably...
  12. J

MkV / MkVI Bluetooth FAQ (Updated 12/30/2010)

I have had the same problems with trying to call contacts that I saved as "home" or "voicemail". Figures that many of my calls are actually to those contacts. :( I don't actually use the Bluetooth all that much, but I agree that it would be nice to SEE what it is going to be dialed (either to...
  13. J

September 2012 Mileage Thread

Driver: jeb007 Miles: 624 Gallons: 13.522 Model Year: 2010 Model: JSW Tranny: 6M Fuel Type: ULSD MPG: 46.1 (MFD 47.1) Odometer: 57074
  14. J

(Former) 9W2 owners rejoice! Class Action Settlement

The receipt I got from my installation did claim that they performed necessary coding changes. I saw a post of the Owner's Manual supplement that was to be included and there was no mention of MFD functionality. However, I'm still hoping that the unit is CAPABLE of MFD functionality with a VCDS...
  15. J

Agreed. I may be wishing I had just gotten a 9w7 and gotten reimbursed (and enjoyed the functionality all that time), but something is definitely better than nothing. Probably better that I don't have something else to play with in the MFD while I'm driving. :D
  16. J

There is no caller ID on the MFD. :( Seems like it would have been easy enough to make it read out the name or number over the radio, but it doesn't do that either.
  17. J

scirocco*joe - I dig the license plate. Too bad that means that I can't get that one made for my car. :-)
  18. J

I'm hoping the same thing. :-) Sorry to hear that your experience at the dealer was less than desirable. I dropped mine off and picked it up later, so I'm not sure how long it actually took them. When I called the dealer to order the part and schedule an appointment they did apparently know...
  19. J

Just curious what type of phone you are using with this? The module I had installed today is exactly as you pictured here. I've paired two separate Android phones and not been able to see a "Phone" or "Bluetooth" menu on my MFD either during a call or not. I'm wondering if there might be...
  20. J

2010 with bent 16" bioline rims! augh!

I have a 2010 JSW that I bought CPO and ended up going back to the dealer with a bent wheel. Shame on me for not going back immediately after picking it up and just bringing it up at my first scheduled service (i.e. $300 for a new one). Vibration didn't go away, so I took it to an independent...