Search results

1. L

How to: Replacing the Adblue Heater & Temp Sensor Module

To whomever wrote this, this tutorial, these instructions, the photos, we're just amazing. Was able to do the whole job myself. Thank you thank you for taking the time to document the procedure. very happy save me lots of money. Again thank you. I can also confirm with 100% certainty, the part...
  2. L

What time frame did the dealer give you?

Aug 1: Placed order, 6 speed, black on beige. $1000 down Sept 19: updated to Factory Order Bank status Oct 4: Updated to production Stock, Order pulled to build October 26: Received VIN November 5: Arrived at port (Rhode Island)- VW distribution area for east coast. I'm hoping they get it on a...
  3. L

Please post if you get a new Passat TDI 6 sp

Boy, I'm glad i didn't say i'd eat my shirt. Yeah, well... you need to place your bet before the game is played ;) Still, I'll bring donuts to my first local TDI fest. Cider donuts are the rage this time of year in Massachusetts/New England. Nice pics. The Blue is a great color. Also...
  4. L

Congrats! First question: Do you feel my envy ? (just kidding) There's not a single review on the internet for the TDI MT. Not sure about others, but i'd like to see: Pictures. Ride/drive opinions. Mileage you're getting ? Does the rear-view mirror still have the rain sensor? Is the...
  5. L

definitely, count me in if I have it by then, otherwise I'd feel inadequate showing up in a prius. None of this TDI stuff interests folks I know. If I mention VCDS or TDI one more time at home, my wife's gonna leave me. I'm really looking forward to this car.
  6. L

I obviously can't know for sure, but I imagine VW production lines run in batches, a batch of TDI SEL, a batch of gassers, ... a batch of TDI SE 6 speed. I believe there will be a substantial (100's) of SE shipping in November. Probably a lot less than 1 per dealership. This may be plenty of...
  7. L

Availability is worse if you count Mexico/S. America... It's non zero, but I didn't have any info on either market. I'm just making a back of the napkin "guestimation" regarding TDI SE (6 speed) availability over the next 12 months.
  8. L

It's not a stretch to say pickings for TDI SE will likely be slim. :( 596 Volkswagen dealerships in USA. + 133 independent Canadian Dealers --------- 729 Dealerships in North America. Sept 10th. VW biulds it's 10,000 passat, but not necessarily delivered crunching the numbers: 10,000/729= 13...
  9. L

Oct 1. Dealer said VW updated my 6-speed Manual status as "production stock". Which apparently means the vehicle is on the assembly line being built! "Woo-hoo". They said it can remain in this state 1 week best case, 3 weeks worse. I suspect the VW plant is building a batch of SE 6 speed...
  10. L

Back on topic; I ordered a 6-speed TDI (SE) black on beige. I'd bet dollars to donuts that no on one will get an SE 6-speed on Wednesday Oct 5. I predict that any dealer promising this will have a lame excuse come delivery day. I'll bet they blame the other dealer. Aug 1: My dealer gave...