Search results

1. Reddok

2008 Jeep JKU / TDI swap

No idea what it weighs. More than a TDI flywheel. The SMF flywheels for the 3.7 are unobtanium rare now anyway. No one makes them and there aren't any NOS ones anywhere that I could find. I had to use a used one and machine it even though the FSM advises against machining them due to a convex...
  2. Reddok

2008 Jeep JKU / TDI swap

My Jeep has 31.5's on it - 4000lbs. 3.73 rear gears. Has no problems with stalling or starting out from a light. Even pulling a 5000lb loaded trailer. Running a stock 3.7 SMF from an NV3550.
  3. Reddok

Dodge Dakota Quad 4X4 ALH

Just re-read my own swap "The cruise control also works. With no cluster. The Jeep BCM puts out a conditioned 5v square wave to the ECU for cruise speed. The Jetta cluster puts out this same signal. So connecting the Jeep BCM to the Jetta ECU got me a valid speed reading. " So I did not use...
  4. Reddok

I believe there are two switches for the brake light and you need both of them connected for the cruise to work. Can't really remember - it's been so long now. Not sure that it would kill the VSS input though.
  5. Reddok

Pretty sure I tapped the positive side.
  6. Reddok

Jeep Liberty TDI Conversion

So I'm pretty sure I just spliced into the wire coming from my jeeps VSS while leaving it connected to the jeep ECU or cluster.
  7. Reddok

Glow plug and CE lights

Well, it passed its emissions test! Check engine light came on while I was driving to the test. Then it glowed dimly. Then it flickered. Then back to glowing dimly. No rhyme or reason for it's behavior. And no codes stored. Must be some stray voltage somewhere.
  8. Reddok

Glow plug and CE lights

My MIL was on bright constantly without the transistor circuit in place. The ECU grounds the pin when the MIL light is off and goes open when the light is commanded on. This is the opposite operation of the GP light. Anyway, it's functioning properly now - they brought up the fact that it was...
  9. Reddok

Glow plug and CE lights

Uggh, I just realized that I used Jimbotes original wiring diagram - it was hard to tell which was which due to the Photobucket 3rd party blocking. Because the resistor was connected after the LED, it caused it to glow. Wired correctly and it functions as expected. Glowplug light is still...
  10. Reddok

Glow plug and CE lights

All surface mount LEDs in my cluster. I guess I have to figure out if the VW ECU is doing something for bulb-out detection that causes this, or if it's just a transistor biasing issue.
  11. Reddok

Glow plug and CE lights

So I've had my MIL lamp working - but inverted for the past 4 years. Trying to get around to fixing it. I've applied Jimbote/Alchemists fix with a transistor and it now functions as expected - except it's like my glow plug light - it glows dimly when its 'off'. Anyone come up with a working...
  12. Reddok

Pretty sure it was a SGI-5.
  13. Reddok

Nice! Are you going to run a BHW manifold with it? Or something else?
  14. Reddok

The small hose goes to my heater core. Large goes to my rad.
  15. Reddok

I don't recall the part number. It is for a 2002 Jetta with a manual transmission. I believe it may be installed upside down in the photo. I never ran that flange as it has the glow plugs in it and they would have hit the firewall. I switched to a flange for an automatic ALH.
  16. Reddok

Do yourself a favour and move the whole engine/trans forward at least an inch. You'll thank yourself if you ever have to remove the vacuum pump. I have 1/2" on my setup and it takes me over an hour to remove it every time - and I've had it out at least 5 times now.
  17. Reddok

So el echeapos of ontario

The writing is already on the wall for fossil fuel powered vehicles. Electric is the future. 1-2 years left of driving my TDI before it gets replaced by an electric.
  18. Reddok

Dead Gas Pedal Fix

It is caused by not having the brake pedal wired correctly. On a TDI, if you push the brake pedal down it kills any throttle input. Your ECU probably thinks your brake pedal is on.
  19. Reddok

B5.5 4mo BHW swap

Just swap the BHW trans in and run without the 4motion. You could always find the appropriate 4motion auto trans and TCU from Europe later. You need to get the wiring diagrams for both TCUs and compare them. Any chance the BHW one was water damaged? They are known to have that happen...
  20. Reddok

B5.5 4mo BHW swap

So there is the regular transmission gears 5 fwd, 1 reverse, then a reduction gear, then the final drive (ring and pinion) for the front diff. There is also a reduction gear for the rear differential as well.