Search results

1. N

FS Golf Sportwagon Bosel/Oris Euro Hitch

Hello for sale is a Bosel/Oris European frame hitch for the 2015/2016 Golf Sportwagon. The Golf is going back to VW. I purchased new from PF Jones in Great Britain 1 year ago. Excellent condition. Price is $250 plus actual shipping to your destination. Hitch is located in Indiana. I paid a total...
  2. N

New Tow Rig

I did not put the styrofoam on. It is form fitted to the original bumper and would not fit the original or my modified hitch. There is a space between the plastic bumper cover and the hitch. There is more give when you push on the bumper cover. I would guess you would do more damage to the cover...
  3. N

New Tow Rig

Hello 50Pascals, The weight of the John Deere x595 is 1113 per manual and I also have the snow blade for the tractor in the back of the trailer. Blade is about 100# and the frame that holds the hydraulics that the blade mounts to is another 100#. The featherlite trailer has a dry weight of...
  4. N

Trailer Package for 2012 Passat TDI SEL?

I modified a Westfalia hitch intended for the Euro spec passat B7 and have been very happy with the results, Pricey, but a superior product . I will never use a hitch again that mounts to the sheet metal of the body like the US manufactures do. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=334858
  5. N

Please post if you get a new Passat TDI 6 sp

Hello all, A road trip from Indiana to the Washington DC area. Total miles one way was 660. About 25 % was hills and mountains. 90% interstate with the remander 2 lane highway. One person with about 150# of gear. Going Eastbound I estimated I had a 10 mph tailwind and average speed was 60mph...
  6. N

New Tow Rig

[/IMG] Total trailer weight about 1900# Fuel MPG dropped from a normal of 45 to 27-30 MPG. With trailer empty and the ramp folded flat the MFD drops to about 40 MPG.
  7. N

Receiver hitch?

None of the US hitch manufactures are selling a hitch for the TDI. The urea tank covers the right frame rail where the US hitches connect. The euro hitches are the only option and at this time and they do not offer a hitch for the US spec Passat B7. Curt makes a hitch for the gas Passat only...
  8. N

New Tow Rig

I am not sure whether westfalia does or not. Here is the website I purchased the hitch and it looks like they carry all kinds of cycle haulers. You can get the Witter towbar that has a flange mount. With the flange mount you can attach the cycle carrier and still tow...
  9. N

New Tow Rig

I used the Curt converter http://www.etrailer.com/t1-2012_Volkswagen_Passat.htm I cut the 4 wire flat off the end so I could pass the wire through the trunk and installed a 7 wire RV plug. That is the standard plug you get on all SUV's and pickups with factory wiring . I wanted it...
  10. N

New Tow Rig

I have not had a load on the trailer yet. Just pulled the trailer. The trailer has a GVW of 2200# and I doubt that I ever will have it that heavy. The biggest load that I had on my o6 Jetta TDI was a John Deere x595 with mower deck which I would estimate weighed about 1000#plus the aluminum...
  11. N

New Tow Rig

Hello all, Thought I would post a few pics of my new B7 TDI SE 6MT with installed Westfalia towbar. Love the car. I have about 500 miles on it with 1/3 of a tank left. Looks like it is going to give better mileage than my 2006 Jetta with DSG. I have always had manuals in my VW's with the...
  12. DSC_5134

DSC_5134

13. DSC_5132

DSC_5132

14. DSC_5031

DSC_5031

15. Towbar install on 2012 Passat TDI

Towbar install on 2012 Passat TDI

Westfalia Towbar on US Passat B7
  16. Towbar install on 2012 Passat TDI

Towbar install on 2012 Passat TDI

Westfalia Towbar on US Passat B7