Search results

1. viper550

Anyone change one of these?

What might the part number be on that?
  2. viper550

Q5 CPNB Fuel Injector Tension Claw Grommets Leaking

On my Q5 4 of the 6 grommets on the left valve cover are leaking. I'm curious if anyone might know if it's possible to replace them without having to remove the valve cover. I would attach pics but I can't seem to remember how. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  3. viper550

TDI 3.0 - timing chain tensioner covered under extended warranty?

UPDATE Class counsel told me that VOA told them that the dealership told VOA that they just recommended chains and tensioners due to mileage but the repair was Not required. When I explained why that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Class counsel said there was nothing more they could do...
  4. viper550

VW dealer and regional rep denying 'Conflicts concerning the warranty are to be resolved in favor of the consumer'

Wow! This sounds a lot like my experience. Although for a different problem. You can find my experience here starting with post #77: https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/tdi-3-0-timing-chain-tensioner-covered-under-extended-warranty.497317/page-3 Bottom line is, if they don't feel like...
  5. viper550

2015 Q5 TDI Transfer Case and Differentials Fluid Change

No problem. I wasn't too crazy about the price of the vw fluids however seeing it only takes at most 1 bottle of each I didn't mind paying the higher price to make sure that I had the right stuff. With the trans fluid I used the zf lifeguard 8 seeing that zf is the manufacturer of the...
  6. viper550

2015 Q5 TDI Transfer Case and Differentials Fluid Change

Trans Fluid VW# G060162A2 ZF lifeguard 8 fluid is much cheaper ZF# ZFS-S671090312 Here is a link to the entire change kit https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-automatic-transmission-service-kit-zf-0bk398009 Transfer Box Fluid VW# G055145A2 takes 1 ltr Front Diff Fluid VW#...
  7. viper550

A6 TDI HPFP Swap?

I'm very interested in this for my Q5. The HPFP was already replaced about 20k mi ago under warranty. Fortunately it just started leaking and didn't fail catastrophically. The tech said that he never seen one fail just by leaking so I was very fortunate with that one considering I was stranded...
  8. viper550

No the sound did not go away. It was just after many weeks of audi not making a decision, and me continually giving proof from their own sources that it should be covered. Such as the part number diagram for the long block on parts.audiusa.com showing the timing system as being part of the...
  9. viper550

Update After over six weeks of my car sitting at the dealer my car has magically fixed itself. VOA said it is normal operation, and no repairs needed. Wow if I would have known that Audi's can fix themselves I would have bought one years ago.:D
  10. viper550

Dealer says Q5 needs timing chains Well my Q5 is at 99k miles at the dealer right now for almost 2 weeks waiting for audi to decide if they will cover the chains. The first thought from the dealer is that the service code for the chains does not fall under what is covered by the extended...
  11. viper550

Fuel Filter alternative/options

To my knowledge Kayser is the OE filter. They manufacture the filter for Audi. I get all my parts from www.fcpeuro.com they have lifetime replacement on everything they sell even oil. It has reduced my oil change costs considerably even after paying to ship the used oil back.
  12. viper550

First Oil Change, cold weather

You probably could print everything for one or more models in one day. However everything is a PDF file.
  13. viper550

Everything is pdf format.
  14. viper550

This is where I got all my Audi service info. https://erwin.audiusa.com $35 for 24hrs of access with printing rights Amazing accurate information directly from Audi. Also did the same thing for my VW sportwagen. However it is a separate site with separate subscription fee.
  15. viper550

A6 TDi prestige won't start

When I called Audi roadside the first thing they did was check the vin to make sure of coverage, and then proceeded with the process of getting towed. If they try to push back with saying that you shouldn't have tried to restart it. Go after the towing company. My Q5 is still at the dealer for...
  16. viper550

A6 TDi prestige won't start

Call Audi roadside assistance and get car towed to closest dealership. Sounds like a fuel issue to me. The entire fuel system is covered under the Extended emissions warranty, as is the engine, valvetrain, and entire emissions system.
  17. viper550

New Q5 TDI recall???

I had my AEM-C done on 10-30 it took 2 days due to a sensor not being in stock. After the correction was completed I noticed an increase in throttle response and a slight reduction in turbo lag. However after I got my Q5 back I went on a 900+mile trip to visit family and when I arrived I smelled...
  18. viper550

'15 vs '16 Audi TDI Differences

In regards to the warranty my Q5 was one owner all service performed only by Audi dealers. In the first 20k of me owning it had leaking valve cover gasket initially they denied it but with some persuasion they covered that $1500+ repair. Now as I'm typing this, at 35k mi into my ownership it is...
  19. viper550

Another Emissions Recall to correct what was done first.

I got my correction performed on my Q5 on 10/30. It took them 3 days because there was a sensor that they thought they had in stock but didn't. A week later I took a 900+ mile trip to visit family. When I got to my family's house and was unloading I smelled fuel. When I opened the hood I could...
  20. viper550

Another Emissions Recall to correct what was done first.

Double check parts availability. Just a heads up to anyone who has an appointment to get 23Z8 (AEM-C) performed. Call to make sure there are parts available. I had set up an appointment online and did not get a confirmation email. So I just called the dealer to double check and he told me I was...