Search results

1. R

CRUA Thermostat and Thermostat housing change

I went back to the recommendations of the original poster cpinde and read about not installing the o ring on the pipe end which is what I did. I figured I would check to make sure the o ring was seated properly. In removing the housing a second time, I broke one of the plastic clips. Looks like...
  2. R

Yes, the new pump is squared off and not rounded like the original. All of the new ones I saw on rockauto are square and won't fit in the ring that holds the original pump. If ordering a replacement aux pump, get one with a bracket.
  3. R

Did the thermostat. It wasn't too bad with the radiator, IC and fan out. I was mostly worried about breaking the housing. Decided not to do the aux. water pump. It is easy to get at and the replacement ones require a different mount. I'll just wait for it to fail.
  4. R

Belt Noise on MK7 TDI

I was able to leave the lines intact and just wiggled the timing belt cover off from the top.
  5. R

I now understand the comments about the water pump. The comments are about the auxiliary water pump. I have not changed that yet. I will add that to the list. Thank you!
  6. R

I am about to replace the thermostat on my mk7. I haven't tried to push in on the release pin / lock on the thermostat housing yet and will use the full radiator hose as a lever to increase the torque as you suggest. How hard was it to release the lock and then twist off the hose? Here is the...
  7. R

Thermostat Replacement as Preventitive Maintenance on MK7 with 185k

The thermostat replacement seems like a PITA. Looks like you can leave the housing attached to the block and separate the housing where the thermostat is. Any tricks to separating without breaking the housing? Diagram from the manual: https://photos.app.goo.gl/k26Twg89pMNvz7E68
  8. R

I'm a bit slow on the uptake :) w2a ic - the water to air intercooler - I am installing a new condenser, intercooler and radiator.
  9. R

Thank you! I did the water pump at 130k when I did the timing belt. Appreciate the info on the thermostat.
  10. R

Thanks. I did not replace the thermostat when I did the timing belt. Is it considered part of the standard maintenance?
  11. R

Hello - I hit a fox and damaged the condenser and radiator. While I am replacing these items with the coolant drained and front end apart, I am wondering what preventative maintenance I should do. I am installing a frost heater and was considering the thermostat. Is that worthwhile? Anything...
  12. R

Belt Noise on MK7 TDI

Got around to taking the timing belt cover off. Belt looked in good shape and no signs of wear / rubbing on belt or the timing belt cover. Started motor with the cover off and no hissing or rubbing sound. Reassembled and the noise is still gone. Perhaps the belt started to rub on the cover and...
  13. R

Belt Noise on MK7 TDI

Thanks. I hear the noise when the serp belt is disconnected. Sound I am hearing is associated with the timing belt. Taking the timing belt cover off today.
  14. R

Belt Noise on MK7 TDI

I upgraded to the gates belt when I ordered.
  15. R

Belt Noise on MK7 TDI

Thanks. I used this kit from idparts: https://www.idparts.com/timing-belt-kit-mk7-crua-cruatbkit-p-7237.html
  16. R

that would be great. thanks

that would be great. thanks
  17. R

ok. thanks for the follow-up.

ok. thanks for the follow-up.
  18. R

Hello - my son Andrew is interested in your wheels for his alltrack. He is not active on the...

Hello - my son Andrew is interested in your wheels for his alltrack. He is not active on the forum. We are on the seacoast of NH. His mobile number is ‪(603) 828-1216‬6 if you want to reach out to him directly. Else if you share your mobile, I will have him reach out to you. thanks Jonathan
  19. R

Belt Noise on MK7 TDI

Hello - I started to hear a belt noise a while ago and just took a video with sound of the noise. Car has 180k and I did the timing belt 50k miles ago - kit from idparts. I have ruled out the serp belt as the source. I disconnected the serp belt and the noise is still there. Next step is to open...