Search results

1. A

2000 MK4 TDI Jetta set up for RV Towing in SA, TX

I bought the car with 220,000. So I did about 110,000 in the last 9 years or so. Miles do not accumulate towing. There are probably an additional 60-70,000 of towing.
  2. A

2000 MK4 TDI Jetta set up for RV Towing in SA, TX

Sold: 2000 MK4 TDI Jetta set up for RV Towing Now $1500 5 speed manual, sun roof, alloy wheels VAG Cable comes with. Blue Ox Base Plate Blue Ox light kit Brake Buddy Panzer Plates JVC ARSENAL KD-A925BT CD Receiver with Bluetooth. 340,000 miles Timing belt at 300,000, 50,000 to go. new...
  3. 2000 tdi for sale

2000 tdi for sale

2000 tdi for sale
  4. 2000 tdi for sale

2000 tdi for sale

2000 tdi for sale
  5. 2000 tdi for sale

2000 tdi for sale

2000 tdi for sale
  6. 2000 tdi for sale

2000 tdi for sale

2000 tdi for sale
  7. 2000 tdi for sale

2000 tdi for sale

2000 tdi for sale
  8. 2000 tdi for sale

2000 tdi for sale

2000 tdi for sale
  9. A

AC Compressor Connector availabililty

Thanks guys. Dealer says they will have the connector Friday for $5. Cross my fingers that it is the right thing. Alex
  10. A

AC Compressor Connector availabililty

2000 TDI Ran over something large. The electrical connector from the AC Compressor is badly smashed. Body side kind of Ok. AC side wreck. Are these available? Should I just get out my soldering gun? Advice welcome. Alex
  11. A

Diagnosis Help - Whirring at speed.

Holy hosing. :) Yes. They also replaced the hubs. They assured me that they needed replacing....... So the end of the story goes like this in case anyone should find themselves with a similar predicament. The dealer's people called me up a few days later and asked about my satisfaction...
  12. A

I took to dealer to see what ideas they might have. They had lots of ideas of things to do: wheel bearings, tie rod ends, tires, strut mounts, front brakes, valve cover leaking. Well the only thing that seemed like it could effect this would be the wheel bearings. So $1000 later and NO...
  13. A

Recently picked up a 2000 TDI Jetta with 220,000mi. Manual. Everything great about it. One weird thing....... Get it up to 55 or so MPH and there is a roar whirring noise coming from the front. Cannot locate it any better than that. It stops immediately when take foot off throttle. Reapply...
  14. A

Batteries Fans and Ugh

Thanks Mike, On mine Bentley says it is the middle one (S164) that does the fans. But they all look fine. None blown or melted. Alex
  15. A

Batteries Fans and Ugh

2001 TDI Jetta. 130,000 in Iowa with salt on roads in winter. There are many threads about radiator fans and burned wiring and failure etc. But I cannot seem to find what is happening to me. Last spring the fans would not go off and killed the batterie. I charged the batterie and things...
  16. A

Fans Batteries and ugh

Sorry posted to wrong forum...... Cannot find delete.....
  17. A

Is there any PD Problems????

2001 TDI Jetta. 135,000 miles. (new to me Mar 01) (2) MAFs. Window falls into door (dealer replaces both sides). problems with VW dealers incompetent to install timing belts. Signal flasher failure Door open switch in door latch failure. Corrosion in connector to radiator fan. (Fan runs batterie...
  18. A

Why no glow time?

Jetta 01. Have had GLow plug blues. Replaced them/harness/relay. Juice at relay's large lug. VAG-COM says the glow interval is 0.00 seconds. No CEL light. Starts hard with lots of smoke. Can't be glowing. Seems like some relay must be misreporting. VAG-COM indicates 27C for air and fuel...
  19. A

glow plug heartaches

New one on order from Impex. Thanks. Any tricks I need to know to install? I remember reading about heat shrink tubing etc. Thanks again Alex
  20. A

glow plug heartaches

Sorry car is 2001 ALH Jetta