Search results

1. C

5-spd swapped wagon, I luv wagons, working through issues

Thanks for teaching me what wheels those are. I like them too. But they are my winter set since I think they went through a accident. My mechanic friend told me they were out of round and had a slight wobble. I’m actually thinking about getting them fixed, or finding someone and ask if they can...
  2. C

First CEL/MIL on the new (to me) 2005/B5.5 Passat TDI

Someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in, but I think the MAF’s on these cars are pretty durable, so don’t toss that just yet.
  3. C

BEW, Which Turbo (VNT17, Hybrid, or GT) and Clutch (Daily or Endurance, Dual Mass?)

Lot smarter people than me; but what about the S7 turbo? I had that with pp520’s and loved it.....
  4. C

How often do you use cruise control?

I guess I should say that I grew up in rural South Dakota where use of CC is advantageous. I can see growing up in a city environment would not promote use of CC. so upbringing would have a large influence on use of CC or not.
  5. C

How often do you use cruise control?

I absolutely use cc all the time, I love it for all the reasons posted earlier. Even in our mountainous driving, I use it all the time. But once in the line of traffic, it’s impossible. in long road trip situations I like it even more to help keep pace, otherwise I find myself slowing. I prefer...
  6. C

BHW Engine Mount Dilemma

Started my car this morning, and WOW what a difference. I don’t have a vibration meter but it’s as smooth as anything I own now. So glad I finally did this!! its currently at the shop getting welded.
  7. C

BHW Engine Mount Dilemma

@Windex i see the power steering support you were talking about. appreciate you all jumping in to help out this newbie.
  8. C

BHW Engine Mount Dilemma

@MEgearhead #1: THANK YOU for setting me straight, I see the difference now. #2: THANK YOU for spoon feeding me part numbers for the missing hardware. I was able to find and order them. is there a huge difference in vibrations? I think Windex swapped the back and forth and stayed with the...
  9. C

BHW Engine Mount Dilemma

@krook the idling a driving back and forth is a good idea, but then I’d have to Jack it back up. I think I’ll do the idling trick though. do you remember the process to adjust the snub mount, I think it’s just loosen the bolts and let itself center and then tighten back up.
  10. C

BHW Engine Mount Dilemma

@MEgearhead my wagon is already manual swapped and the mounts under the car now look exactly like the ones in the photo. I hope the hardware works out. Have not talked them yet. I had to cover a shift.
  11. C

BHW Engine Mount Dilemma

I am very blessed to live in rural SW CO. It ain’t cheap though :rolleyes:
  12. C

BHW Engine Mount Dilemma

@PickleRick not completely following you but I think it would have been better to tow it through the closet and perform the work in the warmer attic 🥶
  13. C

Last night around 7pm I decided to tackle motor mounts and snub mount. It was already dark, 28F and dropping. Why, cause the juggling act of family cause this delay and I missed the warm sun....joy. that is how the car sits. I did NOT take many photos as my hands were cold and it was dark...
  14. C

BHW Engine Mount Dilemma

@caffeine what did you decide to do for your mounts in the Allroad? I can say this, last night I pulled out, only what I can assume are the original factory installed mounts at 213k miles. I did buy genuine VW motor mounts ($170/LH and $200/RH) that were manufactured in January of 2022. I...
  15. C

BHW Engine Mount Dilemma

@MEgearhead yes you have enough room to remove the mounts from the bottom after jacking. couple of notes: the Jack towards the RH side (turbo side) of the oil pan. Leave trans mounts in place but loosened from subframe, I would remove front bolts from trans mounts. Completely remove the...
  16. Mounts Used.jpeg

Mounts Used.jpeg

At 213k. Removed factory installed OEM motor mounts and snub
  17. C

Long term storage of tdi parts.

My ‘05 B5.5 was originally a Vermont car for a couple years before it came to CO. It has this film on it after all these years of what I only assume is fluid film. it’s now covered with dirt and road grime, but wow is that stuff great if that’s what it is. I’ve heard of older guys back in the...
  18. C

Too many TDI need to pick one

I agree on the beetle as well, otherwise look for an already sorted one for sale on here or elsewhere that’s relatively cheap. glad your ok from the accident. And happy hunting.
  19. C

BHW Engine Mount Dilemma

@MEgearhead that will be my attempt today after the sun hits my car to bring some warmth. Yesterday I tackled my leaky turbo drain pipe.
  20. C

Tackled the turbo drain line today. Should have taken more photos....I think it was just loose. Cliff Notes: removed Turbo support rod and swung sway bar out of the way. (2) T40 bolt accessible with long wobble extension on bottom of turbo. Left sway bar attached to end links and swung out of...