Search results

1. M

7000 RPM valve job

I know we are all extremely limited by our diesel illpotential to rev higher than 5K. So I was thinking maybe I could do a spring job and reset the rev limiter. Before I do it, I need to know if anyone has ever tried it before, if so, what resulted? The other thing I need to know is what the...
  2. M

EGR --- and why it sucks

I'm removing my EGR system, because it's a goofy horsepower eating system. But before I jump into it, does anybody know what undesirable side effects will occure aside from more pollution and constant check engine light?
  3. M

ALH rabbit

well, I finally got the money together, and bought a total conversion kit. Hopefully the car will be drivable within a month. 1 question though. I want a lighter flywheel, and I'm using the original 5spd autobahn transmission ( the 020 ). So, where can I get a flywheel for this transmission...
  4. M

4motion, or Quattro

Alrighty folks, I'm at a critical stage in project planning. I've heard... and i mean *heard*... that it is possible to convert a non-4motion to a 4motion/quattro setup. My guess is that since the tranny will mate up it shouldn't be a problem. But there are other issues, like how much work will...
  5. M

variable Nitrous injection

I'm sure I'm beating an already dead horse. But lets take a few more cracks at it. Anybody Actually DONE this mod? I hear it's a great smoke dampner (not to mention redonkulous horsepower booster)
  6. M

where to get ... pp520's....and good black boxes

where to get ... pp520\'s....and good black boxes maybe I missed a link on my search string. But I can't seem to find a link to a place that actually sells pp520's. I know bullydog makes a good black box. 25hp increase, which is plenty when coupled with other mods, but who else makes good...
  7. M

Best chip for 98' ALH swap

Best chip for 98\' ALH swap First... lemme explain.... About 2 days ago I was comin down mt. rainier when my timing belt broke on the 79' rabbit. Unfortunately it was in gear, and some pistons met some valves. 6 of the 8 valves have been mis-seated or severly bent in some way. In lieu of my...
  8. M

show me the $$$$ - most extensive mods

I know the subject matter is fairly common, ut I haven't seen/heard from everybody. Who's got the most extensive mods, what are your mods, and what are your HP/TRQ figures? I'll start, though my mods are hardly extensive. I have a custom made intake set-up, 2 4" cold air intakes, and maxed out...
  9. M

IDI tuning guide

I'm compiling a guide to hot rodding the IDI engine. It would be great if I could have some tips and tricks to add to it. You can see what I have so far by going to my website, it's not much.
  10. M

hi-flow pump for the IDI

After a riggin up a twin 4" intake setup I went to tweak my pump. long story short, the pump is opened as far as it will go and I am developing no smoke. Is there a higher flo pump available for the idi? if so, whats the model number, name, and year. secondly, if there is no hi flo pump...
  11. M

2L FSi Turbo

is the 2L FSi turbo the *new* PD TDI engine with crossflow head, 16v DOHC etc, or have I made a faulty inference? If it is, what are some solid numbers, HP and torque wise. A thread implies 200hp, a few rumors *not on this forum*, seem to imply a much lower 150hp. My next question is, when...
  12. M

Diesel Fuel SCC CLASS

I know SCCA rules don't cover alternative fuels, but I was wondering if there are any car clubs that cover diesel car racing, and if there are, where are they?
  13. M

2Litre 16v engine dimensions

Hey, does anybody know the dimensions of the *new* PD engine, same dimension as the 1.9L?
  14. M

water, carb or injected...

whats the consensus... I'm at a dilemma, I can make a carburated water intake system for next to nothing, but I know injected would be more "economic" (if you'll beleive that, I mean it is h2o). Also I would have to buy an injection system, and punch holes in my manifold.
  15. M

Prefered propane system

My next upgrade is a propane injection system, But I want to know whether I should just modify a NOS system for propane (eg use a propane tank) or if there's a better way. I also have some idea's for a homegrown system, though I would prefer knowing if anyone has ever made there own propane kit...
  16. M

PD, Cam controlled injectors?

Maybe I read to deep into the brocure pictures, but it seems like the new PD system uses the cam to open the injectors. I know the old common rail setup used the pressure of the pump to open the injectors, does the same still hold on the PD? If the cam DOES control the injectors, what is the...
  17. M

HOLY CRAP!

I just put a new intake on my 1.6L NA, it moves so fast now! the picture is here Anybody know of any dyno's in the Chehalis Wa, area, or the Olympia area? I need to know some numbers!!!
  18. M

Art for a VW TDI tattoo!

Diesel forever! I wanna see some art that would make a good tattoo!
  19. M

Homebrewed Bio100

I'm intrested in making a brew of it for my car, but I don't have the Betty Crocker recipe. Anyone wanna help me out?
  20. M

Boost on a 1.6 TD

I know the boost pressure for a new TDi is something like 18 psi sustained and spikes in the low to mid 20's. But Does anyone know what the boost pressure is supposed to be an 1.6 TD?