Search results

1. d0u8l3m

Where to buy additional bolts to secure the skid plate

Not sure about the panzer plate but I got a set of replacement hardware for my Thor plate from evolution import. I called em up and placed an order on the phone, maybe dieselgeek can get you a hardware kit. If they cant maybe the thor plate is similar enough that it uses the same hardware?? If...
  2. d0u8l3m

1999 S10 ZR2 BHW Swap

Dang so I've been neglecting TDIClub for a little bit haha sorry guys, I get a lot more hits on s10Forum but I think having this information on both sites is useful. So Long story short (please see the s10Forum thread for more info and carnage pics) my passat's engine had a timing belt...
  3. d0u8l3m

Upgraded TDIClub forums

I didn't know this was a thing, thanks!! They have a chrome extension too, that works with edge.
  4. d0u8l3m

BSM Delete Oil Plug Issue

Thanks everyone for the advice. I've never had luck with the screw extractor sets but found a nice set at harbor freight with left hand drill bits and extractors. Worked my way up, got it out, and got it fixed. Appreciate the help!
  5. d0u8l3m

Upgraded TDIClub forums

Loving the new site so far, but yes a dark theme would definitely be easier on the eyes for some of us.
  6. d0u8l3m

Its about halfway in, the face in the plug that mates the face of the Allen key is about flush with the block surface. Not sure if it interferes with the pan yet, I decided to stop after all I could do is mar it up with vice grips. I got a new plug, so I don't mind having to drill it out, but...
  7. d0u8l3m

So long story short, had the turbo swapped on the Passat by Mike at 413 auto with a hybrid 1756. Driving the car home on the highway one night during acceleration, engine shuts off. Try to start it and hear a clunk. Eventually got the car home, pulled the head and found that the exhaust manifold...
  8. d0u8l3m

012 DUK Transmission Exploded view part numbers available?

012 DUK Transmission internal part numbers available? Hey guys So somehow I managed to blow up my transmission, can shift in all the gears but the engine revs like its in neutral no matter what. Clutch pedal feels like its operating normally. Not sure why it failed when it did, as it showed...
  9. d0u8l3m

Site Platform Update??

So just curious. Are there any plans on updating the site platform? Its pretty dated at this point imo. S10forum just went to XenForo and it looks beautiful. Thoughts?
  10. d0u8l3m

Weird Noise from Trans?? (B5.5 5 Speed Swap)

Hey everyone, looking to bother you all again for advise. My car recently developed some weird rattling noise that I cant really describe. It seems its coming from around the transmission/engine mating area. I have a DUK 5 speed with a dual mass flywheel and sachs SRE clutch from Frans. No...
  11. d0u8l3m

BSM Delete with ALH hybrid pan??

So I've seen a few people do this before. I just completed my balance shaft delete on the Passat donor engine for my truck project. In order to use the ALH hybrid pan do I need to swap the pickup tube from the passat 1.8 one to an ALH one? Mine from the kit seems to be right up against the...
  12. d0u8l3m

BGW/Euro Passat Aux Heater Wiring

Does anyone have access to the wiring diagrams for a BGW Passat or one form Europe with the electric auxiliary heater? I have already modified the ECU software to enable this feature, but I need to know how many relays I need/where the outputs are from the ECU. Thanks!
  13. d0u8l3m

Rear axle beam bent?

So last week my road was getting repaved and one of the idiot dump truck drivers was speeding down the hill while I was leaving for work....long story short he was in the middle of the road as I was coming up on the Apex of the up hill turn, and I had to move out of the way to avoid him at the...
  14. d0u8l3m

Part out: 2004 Passat TDI Wagon, Eastern CT

Part out: 2005 Passat TDI Wagon, Eastern CT Hello everyone I have a Passat TDI wagon that I'm parting out. Everything is available except any major mechanical parts in the engine bay/engine, the lift pump, and other misc things that ill need for my engine swap project. If you have any...
  15. d0u8l3m

1999 S10 ZR2 BHW Swap

Hello everyone! I'm starting to plan a TDI swap into my trusty old s10. I have a build thread on s10forum which serves as a place to get more information on interfacing with the truck, but I need some info from you TDI gurus as well, so here we are. Here's the s10 thread where ill try to keep...
  16. d0u8l3m

FS: lots of stuff from d0u8l3m in CT

My car is in the shop having a manual swap and some other upgrades done. I'd like to get rid of the automatic with the TCM. This was a two owner car (I'm the second got the car at around 120k) it currently has about 135k on it. The first owner was my buddies grandmother and she only used it for...
  17. d0u8l3m

Build Log: D0U8L3M's 2005 B5.5

Seen a few of these types of threads on here, so I'm sure some people will be interested. Basically a continuation of my advice thread [no this car has not nickel and dimed me as some would like to think ;) ] http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=461328 Here's how she started Current...
  18. kamei grill

kamei grill

3d printed badge
  19. kamei grill

kamei grill

3d printed badge
  20. photo_2016-08-25_09-30-55

photo_2016-08-25_09-30-55