Search results

1. Mr. Furious

Powering on a disconnected RNS-510

I did a search, but didn't find anything directly relevant, and Google was not helpful either. I'm going to sell my RNS-510, and I wanted to take pictures of it powered on and (at least) showing the versions screen. It's not installed right now, and reinstalling it just for that would be a...
  2. Mr. Furious

At what point does the auditor enter the process?

I spoke with Claims yesterday regarding where I was in the process, and the rep said that my claim was sent to the auditor on 11/17 (my docs entered the green checkmark phase on 11/7). What I'm wondering is this: does the auditor get the claim after eligibility has been determined -...
  3. Mr. Furious

Buyback logistics question

First, let me note that I understand that we don't know anything yet. I'm participating in the buyback and my replacement vehicle should arrive in December. I have a little bit left on my loan, so VW will be paying that off as well as cutting me a check (I presume, though it would be cool if...
  4. Mr. Furious

Rear view mirror and mounting devices

I have a 2013 TDI SEL. My RVM is the auto-dimming one and has the rain sensor. Yesterday, my mirror fell off, and that's literally the first time that's ever happened to me, in 27 years of driving. The adhesive is where it failed - the bracket that mounts the rain sensor to the rest of the...
  5. Mr. Furious

Trunk lid piston separated - fixable?

I noticed today that my trunk lid was no longer opening smoothly, instead bopping off the edge and rattling around when it opened all the way. I looked at it and discovered that the piston strut that slows it down as it opens was separated from the body of the vehicle. The springs are fine. Is...
  6. Mr. Furious

Replacing the RNS-510 with an aftermarket head-unit

As I mentioned in another thread, I finally reached my breaking point with the RNS-510 and decided that it was time to replace it with something that didn't make me want to pull my hair out. Well, as of today, my RNS-510 is sitting on my coffee table and something that doesn't feel like it was...
  7. Mr. Furious

TPMS and new tires?

After a whopping 26,000 miles on my 'kooks, they were down to 2/32 and had to be replaced. I got the ContiProContacts, and they're swell so far. I had them installed last Friday. Yesterday, on my way to work, my TPMS alarm went off. Just my luck, I figured, probably picked up a nail. When I got...
  8. Mr. Furious

Aftermarket (Alpine) nav system compatibility w/OEM RVC?

Hi, all. I've finally reached my breaking point with the RNS-510, and I've decided to replace it. I've more or less decided on this one. My question is this: can I use the OEM rearview camera, or will I have to replace it with an aftermarket camera? Follow-up question if the latter is the...
  9. Mr. Furious

Headrest Replacement Question

Hi, all. I'm kicking around the idea of replacing my headrests with ones that have DVD players built-in. I think that the ones I'm looking at will fit, but I wanted to make sure. The spacing is fine, because they freely adjust from 4.5" to 8.5". What I'm not so sure about is the diameter of...
  10. Mr. Furious

I'm reasonably certain that my dealer just fibbed to me...

...but I wanted to make sure. I took my car in this morning for the 90-day courtesy inspection. The service advisor said that, if I wanted to, I could opt to do an oil change and tire rotation on my dime. My car has 3300-ish miles on it. He tried to justify it by saying that VW does the first...
  11. Mr. Furious

The embarrassingly slow RNS-510

My mom got a new car this week - a Hyundai Elantra, with all the available bells and whistles, including a nav system and RVC. It's a very nice car for what it is - a car in the Civic/Corolla class that, even completely macked out, costs about $10,000 less than a Passat TDI SEL Premium. She...
  12. Mr. Furious

Recommendations for side body molding?

I got my first ding this week. Luckily it's tiny, but it started me back lamenting that side body molding was not available as a DIO or PIO. I tend to shy away from aftermarket accessories, but I guess this is an "any port in a storm" type situation. Does anybody have any recommendations for...
  13. Mr. Furious

RNS-510 not remembering most recent station

Hello all, I've noticed a particular behavior in my RNS-510 that I don't think is normal, but I wanted to make sure before mentioning it to the dealer. Sometimes*, when I switch from MDI to Radio, it goes to AM 530 rather than whatever Sirius station I was listening to most recently. When it...
  14. Mr. Furious

I've officially joined the VW and TDI family!

I am now the proud owner of a 2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium in Platinum Grey/Titanium Black! My dealer had originally told me that the car would be available on Monday or Tuesday, but called me yesterday morning to let me know that it had arrived and would be ready for pickup around noon. I flew...